GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I forgot about the whole reservation thing. Then my son reminded me at 25 minutes into it, I went online, got right through and the next morning the dealer called me and said Congratulations you are are Number One On My List for an Edition 1 Hummer EV!!!
I have a spring 2022 Delivery, Received my Charger, Accessories, but no Built Email yet. However concierge tells me today that I should have the truck by the 21st of June!!! We'll See:rolleyes:
Awesome, it seems like a lot of them are prepping to ship now, but never know when they will show up exactly.

· Registered
282 Posts
Tom, I have retired from GM. I am with you on improving the experience, but most of the frustration is starting up a new model and ramping production of the parts needed. I am still in support of the dealership model. Understand that some are taking advantage of the situation.
Video killed the radio star, Netflix killed VHS Video, and the new EV companies Tesla, Rivian & Others will eventually kill the dealerships that give their brands a bad name from taking advantage of the temporary short supply of these vehicles. These shity dealerships will eventually hurt their brand and fail, as loyal customers dont forget. Unfortunately these dealerships are short sighted and dont care about the long term effects. You already have states with proposed legislation to open up automobile sales directly through manufacturers. Sure there will be a few people who make a little money off the temp supply shortage, but within 18 months there will be plenty of EV vehicles. I commend the many great local dealerships, who have been around for decades, provide fair pricing and great service!

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,701 Posts
Hmm okay.... according to a user on the Hummer EV Facebook group... there is no trucker shortage and all the Hummers are delivered to a holding lot in Flint before they are shipped to dealerships.

· Registered
19 Posts
There might be something to that. I am right at 500 highway miles from Factory Zero with a built email on a Fall allocation.
There must be something to that theory. I am “Fall”, but got the verify email and my charger back in late February and early March respectively. I got the “built” email on the 6th. I’m about 600 miles away.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.