GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
I think they were just masking their transportation problem by not sending out built emails. I don’t remember anyone saying they got a built email followed by a delay, but then again, I don’t read every post. Whether delays were caused by software or transportation, it sound like they have it dialed in now.

@skiborsy : I have a Fall reservation.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think they were just masking their transportation problem by not sending out built emails. I don’t remember anyone saying they got a built email followed by a delay, but then again, I don’t read every post. Whether delays were caused by software or transportation, it sound like they have it dialed in now.

@skiborsy : I have a Fall reservation.
Built does not mean shipped.... If the problem was shipping, we still may be in for a wait?

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,232 Posts
It is what it is... I would rather Rivian get things dialed in better before they build mine... Early R1T are nice, but not perfect, especially software, another year of software improvements willl be appreciated.
The software has already gotten way better. They have addressed most of the issues I have had. Still a few outstanding, but the rate they are improving things is awesome.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The software has already gotten way better. They have addressed most of the issues I have had. Still a few outstanding, but the rate they are improving things is awesome.
Ya, Rivian has a big software team, and is learning fast. Of all the USA startups, they are the only one ai think will make it.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
We actually only reserved on 10/20/2020. Orders start after the verification step. :)
True, I did not think about that... I verified in early March.

You work for GM, how do we get GM to improve this order/ verification step to a fully online experience ala Tesla-Rivian? Lots of people confused on this and Lyriq Forum about order status, and estimated delivery. How do we get through to the big old general that this system sucks, and is creating a less than optimal experience for customers new to GM? Most customers would prefer to never talk to the dealer/salesman, and never have to discuss price, or worry about their dealer slipping them an ADM at the last minute.

· Registered
2014 ELR, 2018 CT6 PHEV, 2022 HEV1
161 Posts
Tom, I have retired from GM. I am with you on improving the experience, but most of the frustration is starting up a new model and ramping production of the parts needed. I am still in support of the dealership model. Understand that some are taking advantage of the situation.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Tom, I have retired from GM. I am with you on improving the experience, but most of the frustration is starting up a new model and ramping production of the parts needed. I am still in support of the dealership model. Understand that some are taking advantage of the situation.
Retired, you look way too young to be retired? Somebody needs to reach inside GM and show the people in charge how bad the experience is, and how much better competitors are. I am OK with dealerships, if they behave... If they don't behave, F--- them. I wanted to order a Lyriq, but after talking to 5 dealers, none of them willing to give me an MSRP guarantee, I said No Thanks, I am not going in with price uncertainty. GM is supposedly working with Cadillac dealers to improve the experience, but from what I experienced GM's efforts are not getting results. I think Most Cadillac dealers (more than 50%) are adding markups on the Lyriq. It's really disappointing as a GM investor to see dealers do this after I think GM really dug deep to make Lyriq a great car, and priced it right for volume sales.

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
907 Posts
Congrats Tom, happy that you were one of the ones to get in during the first 10 minutes. That damn website kept crashing on me and it took 20 minutes to reserve and ended up waitlisted for the E1. That extra 10 minutes will likely cost me many more months of delay to get one.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Your Lyriq experience is unacceptable. I will share this with my friends.
Thank you, I will happily share the dealer info, my emails/text with your contacts, and even the terrible reviews I left all 5 of them online. Here is a couple text replies I got from Kloe at Larson Cadillac... Cadillac experience? I don't think so.

Hey ---, this is Kloe over at Larson Cadillac. The market adjustment on the 2023 Lyriq is going to be 10k above MSRP

Thank you for your feedback. The S in MSRP stands for suggested sir and the amount of the ADM depends on several factors, it is starting off at 10k but to get the best deal (price wise) is when you're here at the dealership.

· Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Congrats Tom, happy that you were one of the ones to get in during the first 10 minutes. That damn website kept crashing on me and it took 20 minutes to reserve and ended up waitlisted for the E1. That extra 10 minutes will likely cost me many more months of delay to get one.
Thanks, Bill... I also did not get through the first 10 minutes, and had lots of trouble making a reservation. I cannot remember exactly how long it took me to reserve, but I think it was close to half an hour before I could get all the way through. I did however immediately convert my reservation to an order when the opportunity arose, and got the charger in mid March. I wish GM's system was more user friendly, and with sequential reservation numbers so we all know where we stand. My dealership has already delivered 1 Hummer In April, so I am the 2nd.

· Registered
176 Posts
Thanks, Bill... I also did not get through the first 10 minutes, and had lots of trouble making a reservation. I cannot remember exactly how long it took me to reserve, but I think it was close to half an hour before I could get all the way through. I did however immediately convert my reservation to an order when the opportunity arose, and got the charger in mid March. I wish GM's system was more user friendly, and with sequential reservation numbers so we all know where we stand. My dealership has already delivered 1 Hummer In April, so I am the 2nd.
Congrats, Tom! It's awesome to see our more active users finally getting theirs!

I didn't get in on the bandwagon until June of 2021... I've got quite a slog left in my wait.

· Registered
152 Posts
I forgot about the whole reservation thing. Then my son reminded me at 25 minutes into it, I went online, got right through and the next morning the dealer called me and said Congratulations you are are Number One On My List for an Edition 1 Hummer EV!!!
I have a spring 2022 Delivery, Received my Charger, Accessories, but no Built Email yet. However concierge tells me today that I should have the truck by the 21st of June!!! We'll See:rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.