GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...into a 9000lb paper weight on me twice. Frankly, I'm not comfortable relying on it, particularly at some of the off-road camping/fishing sites I frequent. Between that and trailering reducing the range by 75%, I'm thinking seriously about switching back to an HD diesel. Really sucks because I LOVE the styling and features of the EV1 :(

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
My 2019 Silverado sprung an oil leak. Well known problem. No recall, rather, bring it in for a free repair after you hopefully realize your leaking oil. Cheap parts. No/few brand is immune to it.

I’ve been annoyed my 1ed is going to be one of the last to be delivered, but at least my expectations will be at the appropriate level, thanks to all you test mules out there.

Appreciate everyone’s feedback on here. Always helpful.

Hopefully when my car arrives, it can turn on (12v / fob), won’t leak from the roof, bed cover will work, battery case will be sealed, wind noise will be proper due to sealing.

But until then, just waiting on that Hummer yeti cup to show up.

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
You’re joking, right? Please explain how my comment is outdated. Is GM paying you for brand loyalty or are you a brand ambassador? Lol! The most and least reliable car brands, according to Consumer Reports
Nope, not joking, and as far as I know, GM isn't paying me for brand loyalty. Unless that's where those $10,000 a month checks I keep getting are coming from...hmm...

Do you understand the methodology behind the Consumer Reports reliability study? Or did you just copy and paste the URL?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know how they reach the numbers they do, but I'll let you prove that yourself.

Also, if I can ask: why are you on a GM product site if you can't stand GM products so much?

· Registered
27 Posts
I don't think we need to look at those reports to come to the conclusion that GM is less reliable than some other car brands. Having said that, I still love some of the GM cars and will continue to buy them. The Hummer EV is great. But its not going to be as reliable as a Toyota Tundra...But none of us are buying it for its reliability.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GM is ahead of others in terms of aesthetics and styling, IMO. Tesla's are boring and stagnant in styling and the Cyber Truck is absurd looking.

But, looks don't matter if the vehicle is sitting in the shop or on the roadside.

· Registered
32 Posts
The truck has just over 2K miles, easy miles at that.

1) 12V battery failed
2) Key FOBs not recognized.
I am really sorry to hear that. As a word of advice for all EV owners, I would recommend you either drive it or keep it plugged in. That 12V battery drains no matter what and if its plugged in at least the battery gets a rest. As far the key FOB goes, I had an Escalade with the same problem; because it is the exact same technology.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am really sorry to hear that. As a word of advice for all EV owners, I would recommend you either drive it or keep it plugged in. That 12V battery drains no matter what and if its plugged in at least the battery gets a rest. As far the key FOB goes, I had an Escalade with the same problem; because it is the exact same technology.
Do you recall what the solution was for the Escalade? GM is saying I need new FOBs but they are back ordered for 2 weeks. I can't imagine the FOBs went bad, one of them was never used.

· Registered
1 Posts
...into a 9000lb paper weight on me twice. Frankly, I'm not comfortable relying on it, particularly at some of the off-road camping/fishing sites I frequent. Between that and trailering reducing the range by 75%, I'm thinking seriously about switching back to an HD diesel. Really sucks because I LOVE the styling and features of the EV1 :(
[/QUOTE]
Well, I have had one sitting at my dealership for almost 5 months on a stop sale because they can't figure out how to seal the battery compartment. No resolution in sight and zero communication. But hey, they sent me a Hummer yeti mug for Christmas, so all is good. What a joke and how does GM keep this debacle out of the press.

· Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
176 Posts
Well, I have had one sitting at my dealership for almost 5 months on a stop sale because they can't figure out how to seal the battery compartment. No resolution in sight and zero communication. But hey, they sent me a Hummer yeti mug for Christmas, so all is good. What a joke and how does GM keep this debacle out of the press.
[/QUOTEToo bad things didn’t turn out better. This shouldn’t be, especially for what you paid for the vehicle. Like I said before GM is using the public to sort out their design. You should all be compensated for the aggravation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts