GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bodes well for the lineup's future when the top contributors of the Hummer EV Forum keep selling their Hummer EVs.
If you followed me you would know I am not a Hummer-ish kind of guy, I bought it because it was the first GM EV truck, drove it for 6 months, and then sold it. it is a mismatch vehicle for me, but for many it will be awesome.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
Is there anyone here who likes their Hummer and intends to keep it? Seems to be a dying breed.
Plenty here, you just need to keep up with threads.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
Is there anyone here who likes their Hummer and intends to keep it? Seems to be a dying breed.
I probably would have kept mine if not for Rivian existing. I'm not totally sure I will keep any of my GM EV pickups long term, but that's mostly because the every day performance won't live up to the standards that Rivian has set for me.

We might be getting a travel trailer this year, which would make the Silverado EV the best option for towing it, but if it isn't available it doesn't really matter. We would make the Rivian work.

· Registered
23 Posts
GM will probably be saved by their own incompetence (not scaling EV production in any meaningful way, at all, in 2022 & 2023 vs. the targets that Barra had previously communicated to GM shareholders), funny enough, by pulling back on their EV investments before it tanks the entire company.

· Registered
1,225 Posts
RIP in Pepperoni GM
GM will probably be saved by their own incompetence (not scaling EV production in any meaningful way, at all, in 2022 & 2023 vs. the targets that Barra had previously communicated to GM shareholders), funny enough, by pulling back on their EV investments before it tanks the entire company.

· Registered
157 Posts
I probably would have kept mine if not for Rivian existing. I'm not totally sure I will keep any of my GM EV pickups long term, but that's mostly because the every day performance won't live up to the standards that Rivian has set for me.

We might be getting a travel trailer this year, which would make the Silverado EV the best option for towing it, but if it isn't available it doesn't really matter. We would make the Rivian work.
Do you really like the Rivian that much more? I see the R1S selling for close to MSRP on C&B and its awfully tempting now that i know I’ll be waiting close to 2 years for the Hummer.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I like my Hummer Ev, and if the value was not 50% more then I paid, I might "make it work" but actually I bought a base level Nissan Frontier 4X4 (could not find a base model Colorado/Canyon) that much better fits my use case, and kept me from having to haul engine blocks in my Tesla (which I traded in just before the price drops a couple weeks ago) Picture for those that think I am not serious...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
1,225 Posts
Do you really like the Rivian that much more? I see the R1S selling for close to MSRP on C&B and its awfully tempting now that i know I’ll be waiting close to 2 years for the Hummer.
If you need more than 5 seats ever, the the Hummer SUV is a hard buy in comparison. Performance is going to be comparable but the Hummer will have slightly better turning radius. It's really the only thing I miss from the Hummer pickup, the 4 wheel steering.

Hummer was maybe a little more comfortable ride, but getting onto the throttle made the Hummer unweight the front axle, so steering was significantly impacted.

If you aren't regularly an aggressive driver and the difference in size doesn't matter to you, you will probably like the Hummer better. My wife does, which is why I ended up putting a reservation in for the SUV 2X. I haven't driven either the R1S nor the Hummer SUV but I have to believe that my experience in the comparison will probably be similar.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
14000 VERY happy miles on mine so far. It is my favorite vehicle ever and I have probably owned more than 50 in my life.
I really liked mine, and had a lot of fun in my 2000 miles, it just did not fit my economic/business case, and I felt better to downgrade my rolling stock, and be ready for whatever recession is coming with a pile of cash to take advantage.

· Registered
306 Posts
Yarrr…I’m keeping mine, my neighbor offered me $180,000 CASH Tempting I said $225,000 and you have a deal, 🥴 but, I really love the Hummer, it’s my Fourth Hummer, I’m the hummer guy around town! Just turned 1,500 miles. There is more to life than money, and the Rivian is Fugly!!! I’m proud to have this HEV! love the 4 wheel Steering!

· Registered
370 Posts
I'm still SUPER curious what's holding up the sale of nearly 5000 trucks (some of which they've implied have new, properly sealed packs that have been getting delivered since October). I'm under the impression the battery seal is a "just don't drive through 3 feet of water" kind of issue and that they're being overly cautious. Between the Hummer and the Lyric It's the most tantric car launch I've ever seen.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
I'm still SUPER curious what's holding up the sale of nearly 5000 trucks (some of which they've implied have new, properly sealed packs that have been getting delivered since October). I'm under the impression the battery seal is a "just don't drive through 3 feet of water" kind of issue and that they're being overly cautious. Between the Hummer and the Lyric It's the most tantric car launch I've ever seen.
Lyriq just got off a Quality hold this past week and 500+ Lyriqs are now off to dealerships to be delivered. I think GM is similarly doing that with the Hummer now, once they go through and fix some of the major quality issues.

· Registered
1 Posts
New models of any manufacturer typically have their share of hiccups. My EV1 is bada$$. The features I like the most are the super cruise, removable roof, auto-cameras pop on when trailering, smoother ride than my 2019 Ram Limited, tight steering radious, and the one of a kind look that no other truck out there has. I dont like the cartoonish look of the Rivian and the Cybertruck well no need to go into that. A guy who drove up alongside me the other day and said Wow, amazing truck. I looked over at this F150 and said thanks. It wasn't until we down the road a bit further that I saw the Lightening badge. Looks just like any other F150.

· Registered
"Spring 2022" (or 2023) ED1 SUT
306 Posts
If you need more than 5 seats ever, the the Hummer SUV is a hard buy in comparison. Performance is going to be comparable but the Hummer will have slightly better turning radius. It's really the only thing I miss from the Hummer pickup, the 4 wheel steering.
I do wish they'd kept the SUT wheelbase for the SUV (or a version of the SUV) and included a third row. Suburban interior size with a shorter overall length seems like it'd be an easy sell (and probably easier to produce on the same line).

· Registered
"Spring 2022" (or 2023) ED1 SUT
306 Posts
The SUV because of its shorter wheelbase is going to be the better off-roader.
Totally agreed, but many (myself included) would be just as happy with an extended wheelbase version. Still more than a foot shorter than a Raptor/TRX, and so far no one has really tried to make an SUV version (so to speak) of one of those (maybe the Sequoia TRD Pro comes closest).

21 - 40 of 50 Posts