GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to my dealer about ordering all the small accessories, going to online. GMC is offering a 20% discount right now online and you can add in labor etc so basically prepaying.

but post that my dealer l, largest in Austin area is still waiting on their #2 delivery to arrive even.

As for hearsay, he stated they were to body production to 1800 this year. Also that they seemed behind schedule still. GMC is deleting supercruise from many of the trucks to get them out due to chop/supply shortages, but of course that is a big selling point and standard on the Hummer so isn’t expected.

Will wait and see I guess. This seems reverse of what we see with some Summer orders building early etc.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,310 Posts
Talked to my dealer about ordering all the small accessories, going to online. GMC is offering a 20% discount right now online and you can add in labor etc so basically prepaying.

but post that my dealer l, largest in Austin area is still waiting on their #2 delivery to arrive even.

As for hearsay, he stated they were to body production to 1800 this year. Also that they seemed behind schedule still. GMC is deleting supercruise from many of the trucks to get them out due to chop/supply shortages, but of course that is a big selling point and standard on the Hummer so isn’t expected.

Will wait and see I guess. This seems reverse of what we see with some Summer orders building early etc.
Sounds more like they are using "Build Shy" techniques... Building the trucks without the chips for Super Cruise then installing the chips when they get them and shipping asap.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Hopefully your dealer is not charging you the labor to put the accessories on the new hummer!

·
Administrator
727 Posts
You can thank the past president for our adversarial trading relationship with China, he tried to strong arm president Xi, but look who is winning now? Now we have to beg, and plead for parts. While our citizens all pay 2X 3X more for products.
That's more a failure of 50 years of awful economic policy and ridiculously low Chinese labor costs than it is any president.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
That's more a failure of 50 years of awful economic policy and ridiculously low Chinese labor costs than it is any president.
I was going to correct this, Biden's statement yesterday that we will militarily defend Taiwan from a Chinese invasion, is likely the truth, but a big big blunder. That was no different then Biden slapping China in the face, and will have repercussions. I cannot believe he said that... For 50 years that is something that is understood to be true, but never spoken.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We really should not discuss politics here (too depressing) even though the political blunders throughout recent history are having a direct effect on my Hummer EV delivery and have brought us to where we are today...Unfortunately.
"Why can't we all just live as one"
John Lennon 1969

·
Registered
125 Posts
Relying on china for chips is a national security risk, as is using up our oil reserves. At least in Arizona we are building several new plants to produce chips right here in the US.
My Son-in-law is a Vice President at ASML He says they can't keep up the pace, but are working on some Top Secret new methods that might change all that very soon!!!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Relying on china for chips is a national security risk, as is using up our oil reserves. At least in Arizona we are building several new plants to produce chips right here in the US.
There is no doubt relying on single sources for any critical items is not a good thing. Some chips are made in the USA, but more come from Asia.

Totally agree on using up our oil reserves, I would rather buy oil and use up everyone else's supply first. I am not against drilling in arctic reserve if our survival as a nation depends on it, but not for letting greedy oil companies make billions of dollars while destroying some of the last untouched nature reserves, until we run out of other options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts