GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
468 Posts
There were some people who got early ones that were having issues and I thought that they had a re-design or shim kit and most haven't said anything about issues... Now these 2 have come back up... I want to get the power cover when I get a chance to order, but I do not want to pay that much and be frustrated with it... I played with the one at my dealership and. Seemed to work nice...

· Registered
468 Posts
So far seems like a great concept but unfortunately poorly executed. I’m in the same boat…would love to have it but with some of the colder temps here in northern indiana I’m afraid it won’t work sometimes when I need it to most before a snow storm if I’ve got stuff in the bed.
Yes... Good news for me is that I am in SC and we really do not have much freezing weather, but we do go to my in-laws in the NC mountains and they do have some colder temps

· Registered
468 Posts
I'm definitely planning on just getting a manual Retrax cover for mine. Aluminum, dark bronze, pretty much exactly like the Hummer one that is OEM - but without the motor.

That would be a good route to go, but I do not see one for the Hummer... And my fear is that with the limited production as of yet, it may be quite a while before the aftermarket starts making things for the Hummer... I have thought about the Retrax and some of the other hard tops like the Backflip.... Maybe by the time my # comes up they will either have it figured out or other options besides the soft cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts