GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
I've had mine re-shimmed twice and it still fails everyday. I've had my truck in the shop for weeks at a time (with multiple shop dents to prove it) as techs scratch their heads over this tonneau going to "sleep" and needing to be reset every time it's been left alone for awhile. I also got the cargo management (interior cage) which has now made it impossible for me to toggle the manual switch without some sort of golf club I don't mind destroying. So now my tonneau is stuck shut with a short cage in the way, and Hummer still won't send a new unit until they figure out why the old unit is not working. I am in LOVE with this truck...But I darn near ripped the whole tonneau motor out to throw on the dealership lawn last time...In other news I have a power tonneau for sale for anyone who wants it:)

· Registered
12 Posts
Btw, for anyone where the reset (pushing both buttons doesn’t work), once you get the tonneau all the way open, on the driver’s side up against the bulk head is a little rubber connector. Pinch and pull to unplug the unit. Wait a second or two, and plug it back in. Then do the double button cycle. That’s the only way I can get mine to work. It wakes it back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts