GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
I kind of wish I could just manually open and close it and be able to lock it with out crawling into the bed and than back out the bed. It slides very smoothly by hand. The only pain is the button to lock it back in place. The look of this hard metal is soo nice. I am happy I got it even if its broken. I rarely open it, but do store a decent amount of gear depending on what I am getting into.
I'm definitely planning on just getting a manual Retrax cover for mine. Aluminum, dark bronze, pretty much exactly like the Hummer one that is OEM - but without the motor.

· Registered
171 Posts
That would be a good route to go, but I do not see one for the Hummer... And my fear is that with the limited production as of yet, it may be quite a while before the aftermarket starts making things for the Hummer... I have thought about the Retrax and some of the other hard tops like the Backflip.... Maybe by the time my # comes up they will either have it figured out or other options besides the soft cover.
That is my hope too. With less than a ~1,000 out there in the world, I'm sure it is very rare for anyone in the after market to have seen one yet. I'm hedging my bets the same way you are, hopefully by the time my number is called they'll have something that works consistently OR good aftermarket options.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts