GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Yeah, this feels like semantics. It’s like a cook bragging they made 1000 meals when they really only bought the ingredients. Also, in this analogy, you’ve got hundreds of people waiting in the dining room expecting their food any minute and the cook is still on the way back from the store.

So they “built” 1000 in October, when trucks built 3+ months earlier were showing up at dealerships to meet a stop-sale. Anyone know where they’d stash 4,500 tons of truck?

I’m guessing all or most were the end of ed1 production and the start of demos because they haven’t asked how everyone wants their 3X’s yet. Which means they should basically be done with everything before customer 3X’s…or they’re lying by omission of context. Things just don’t add up.

· Registered
370 Posts
So now the question is once the stop sale ends will these trucks get shipped and delivered to dealers ASAP or were all of these built with bad battery packs that now have to go through the recall repair
They stated they fixed the problem at the battery plant and packs with the fix were already being delivered...but it makes me wonder when the fix went in. I think, if you already got a "built" email but you truck hasn't shipped and has one of the bad batteries, they should just reallocate one of the new builds to you, but that's probably asking too much.

· Registered
172 Posts
Good lord. Saw this on Facebook. I haven't gotten an email yet and this wasn't mine - but just WOW is that depressing. I'm glad GM is finally communicating, at least...

Curious if/when I'll get an email on what it will say about my 3X.

UPDATE: just received the exact same email. I reserved my 3X in June of 2021. This has got to just be a generic email to everyone who doesn't have an Ed1...

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
172 Posts
90K orders... that will take some time to complete. If they were late signing up... of course it will take a while.
I'm hoping that this was one of the later pre-orders (late 2021-2022). I'll post it up here if/when I get an email on what it says.

I am really glad that they're at least communicating and helping manage expectations. 100% better than radio silence, even if it is bad news.

Update: Same email. Reserved in June of 2021 for a 3X SUT and am being told late 2024...

· Registered
370 Posts
What’s weird is I preordered in Oct ‘20. My original email says 10/21/20 to be exact but it feels like I did it that night. Anyway, maybe I’m misremembering doing it before midnight but I have an email from 10/21/20
Font Sky Circle Brand Event

Then I made a new reservation at my new desired dealer
Font Sky Brand Darkness Signage

Then I called concierge to transfer my old reservation date to the new reservation along with the original price and got this email
Font Sky Signage Brand Darkness

Now I get this
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

So I apparently lost my place in line my moving despite my reservation date being made 10/21/20 to match my original, which they said would mean I kept my place in line…fuuuuuuuuuuu

If concierge can’t fix this and get it changed to the Summer ‘23 it should be I WILL get my Denali ED1 first.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
Well these dates are soo far into the future they are bound to fluctuate more.

· Registered
370 Posts
Well these dates are soo far into the future they are bound to fluctuate more.
Well, I just got of the phone with Concierge and they couldn't explain why I have a Winter 2024 estimate for a 3X truck when my reservation was made 10/21/20 and someone on here reserved in mid-2022 and has a Spring 2024 build estimate for a 3X truck.

It seems like they didn't write whatever software they're using to use the date on the reservation and instead pulls from a reservation number list that doesn't get changed when the date on the reservation gets updated. So I'm in line to get my truck a year and a half later than if I hadn't moved dealerships. Anyone lamenting the inability to get your reservation moved because they closed reservations...don't be, you dodged a bullet.

· Registered
74 Posts
I just received an email for 3x Spring 2024 “build date” and I reserved it this summer. Very odd mine would be built before those who reserved a good year earlier. Gotta love GM, doesn’t surprise me since they make junk and have to be bailed out for mismanagement. :ROFLMAO: Looking forward to selling it soon after to make a little extra coin.:sneaky:

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,695 Posts
I have to wonder if GM is still basing builds on location as well, and prioritizing specific regions.

There are still many unknowns here... we can speculate all we want, but we won't know more until we get closer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts