GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
well that answers my question. don't really want another matte car ever again. Im still excited for 3x

A very clear quote from chief engineer Oppenheiser Similarly, with the SUV, once the plant has batch-built the Edition 1 models in Moonshot Green Matte, GMC will open up the color scheme for the rest of the trim levels. "By first-quarter 2023 we will have our full color palette for both SUV and SUT," Oppenheiser confirmed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lots of experience with matte paint on these two threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned A couple with matte finish and I don't have A problem staying on top of the maintenance and properly washing them. but Im crazy like that. BUT my wife who would be driving this car puts A TON of miles on in her Pharma job. so I think it would drive me nuts. lol. But that is why I also did A 3X res just incase the matte was the only option offered on E1 as it is.

I am curious, I have not owned a matte finish car, why did you not like it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have owned A couple with matte finish and I don't have A problem staying on top of the maintenance and properly washing them. but Im crazy like that. BUT my wife who would be driving this car puts A TON of miles on in her Pharma job. so I think it would drive me nuts. lol. But that is why I also did A 3X res just incase the matte was the only option offered on E1 as it is.
I see, Wow, you are going to have your wife drive tons of miles in the Hummer EV? Seems like a mismatch use case if she is visiting hospitals, and/or parking garages, these Hummers are quite wide. Going to need Costco sized parking spots to park it. haha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup. the good thing she only goes to doctors that are boutique docs and the Hummer lets just say would be on the low end of cars that are seen at these offices. Lol. I kinda give up being so crazy over her car esp with the 2021 Escalade now , because that car transportation puts food on my table. I just had to let it go. lucky her company pays for the car very nicely lol and she does not have to drive A stripped down Tahoe or Ford Escape.

She has learned to park far away thank god

I see, Wow, you are going to have your wife drive tons of miles in the Hummer EV? Seems like a mismatch use case if she is visiting hospitals, and/or parking garages, these Hummers are quite wide. Going to need Costco sized parking spots to park it. haha!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
well that answers my question. don't really want another matte car ever again. Im still excited for 3x
I just called Hummer and canceled the Edition 1. Reserved the 3x for the sole purpose of choosing color and avoiding matte paint. I also don't want the clear solar panels and I will stick with the opaque. Same reason for the 3x truck which I have a reservation. Now I just have to not burn myself out on the wait. I waited for 9 months for a 911. This wait is longer.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just called Hummer and canceled the Edition 1. Reserved the 3x for the sole purpose of choosing color and avoiding matte paint. I also don't want the clear solar panels and I will stick with the opaque. Same reason for the 3x truck which I have a reservation. Now I just have to not burn my self out on the wait. I waited for 9 months for a 911. This wait is longer.
Ya, likely 2 years + for the 3X

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I will be doing the same. The Porsche wait is horrible! I have A GT3 and waited 2 years for it. now waiting on A 992 GT3 someday lol who knows when.

I just called Hummer and canceled the Edition 1. Reserved the 3x for the sole purpose of choosing color and avoiding matte paint. I also don't want the clear solar panels and I will stick with the opaque. Same reason for the 3x truck which I have a reservation. Now I just have to not burn my self out on the wait. I waited for 9 months for a 911. This wait is longer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read all the posts and am in the opposite boat as most of you. I have a Edition 1 truck reservation and am disappointed I can’t get it in the matte green color and darker interior options. I might wrap it once I get it. Easy fix.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts