GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know the official minimum total height of the HEV at its lowest suspension setting? I’ve been avoiding driving on business trips because there are lots of low garages and I’m not sure where it’ll fit. I think 79.1” is the height in normal mode? It is really difficult to measure on your own, but I’m wondering if I lower it and drive it slow enough that it doesn’t leave entry/exit height if it’ll fit in a 6’5 garage. That’s the height of the garage where chargers are located at my hotel.

· Registered
370 Posts
Unless it has the ability to geofence an area you want it to automatically lower to "Access height", I wouldn't trust myself to remember to lower it every time I entered a garage it was already 2 inches too tall for.

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the official minimum total height of the HEV at its lowest suspension setting? I’ve been avoiding driving on business trips because there are lots of low garages and I’m not sure where it’ll fit. I think 79.1” is the height in normal mode? It is really difficult to measure on your own, but I’m wondering if I lower it and drive it slow enough that it doesn’t leave entry/exit height if it’ll fit in a 6’5 garage. That’s the height of the garage where chargers are located at my hotel.
I believe the lowest height setting is 2 inches below standard ride height. So that would put it around 77 inches tall.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the help.

I wonder why they didn’t use a flatter antenna given the ground clearance of the vehicle.

I put a 4’ level on the top of the antenna and measured from the ground to the bottom of the level with a laser measuring tool. 6’4 1/2” is what I got today in my garage. Hopefully this is helpful for others trying to figure out if they can squeeze into a garage when they don’t have a choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts