GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is the status of your truck still pending or did you get it already?
Funny you should ask, my dealer just called me 1 minute ago and told me he just received an email, and my truck is on the way, didn't tell him when, but told him it has shipped. I never received a built email or a shipped email!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Funny you should ask, my dealer just called me 1 minute ago and told me he just received an email, and my truck is on the way, didn't tell him when, but told him it has shipped. I never received a built email or a shipped email!
If it is indeed on the way will arrive this week, these are trucked direct from GM to dealers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got my 3X (wait listed for ED1) 30 minutes in on 10/20/2020. They sold out ED1 in 10 minutes, so I am guessing on that first night, during the first hour or so they hit at least 10K reservations, if we assume at least 1200 for every 10 minutes. The web site did slow everyone down due to the crashes, but we all kept trying.

My assumption is that I am in the first 5K to 10K range.

I was wondering about that, I don't remember the #'s that GM quoted initially... I was late to the game in that I didn't even know about it until I saw a Google News article about the Edition 1's selling out so fast... But when I saw that article I immediately went and put in a reservation... I loved the look of it. If there are 5-10,000 ahead of me that's fine with me too... Hopefully mine will be a 2024 with the new OS and other available options... And MAYBE the economy will show some signs of recovery by the time I get the call... @Tom E-Tron seems to have a fairly good idea of production, I would love to hears his educated guess as to when he thinks that #5000 and/or #10, 000 would fall into the production calendar... And we know that they will be building the SUV 1st editions at the same time.... Who knows maybe I get the SUV and then trade for the SUT.... 😁

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hopefully your dealers are monitoring VinView for trucks inbound. This does at least show that a truck has been allocated to them.
Is this something the dealers can view even before the vehicle has been produced at the plant? Concierge said last time to call my dealer and have them obtain a build id code which concierge claimed was a code with 6 digits and/or numbers within the code. My dealer is stating this code is not existent as no vin number has been produced, do you think this is true? Is there something else the dealer can reference to verify an allocation for my reservation? At this point I do not care if I receive the last edition one produced, I just will be majorly disappointed if I do not receive a truck at all. Thank you for any help, I will likely send any feedback from this post directly to my contacts at the dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
@Littleshopofguitars And when have you EVER been able to hide your excitement about a Hummer! You brighten every thread you post on and always make me smile:)
Awww, Thank you, that was so nice of you to say! I try to be happy and spread the joy!!!
I am a Hummer Guy for sure!!! You should have seen how excited I was when I found out Gibson was making Hummer Guitars. I went to Nashville, to the Gibson Guitar Custom Shop and bought one!!!
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory String instrument

My dealer is stating this code is not existent as no vin number has been produced, do you think this is true?
My dealer said the exact same thing! He also said the communication is terrible. But I still look outside my store 20 times per day to see if there is a car carrier delivering it. Kinda sucks working next to the dealer when you are waiting for a delivery!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awww, Thank you, that was so nice of you to say! I try to be happy and spread the joy!!!
I am a Hummer Guy for sure!!! You should have seen how excited I was when I found out Gibson was making Hummer Guitars. I went to Nashville, to the Gibson Guitar Custom Shop and bought one!!!
View attachment 3267

My dealer said the exact same thing! He also said the communication is terrible. But I still look outside my store 20 times per day to see if there is a car carrier delivering it. Kinda sucks working next to the dealer when you are waiting for a delivery!
Happy to see you got yours at least! Thank you for the info, I can just say it adds to the excitement I have no clue when mine will come in. Could be Monday could potentially be never? Haha just by December 31st of this year please!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts