GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
"Spring 2022" (or 2023) ED1 SUT
310 Posts
From today's Press Release:

To respond to growing demand, GM is pulling ahead body shop upgrades at Factory ZERO for the Silverado EV and taking other steps to prepare to scale EV production in 2023. While the work is underway, GM will pause production of the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup for several weeks starting in late November. Chevrolet currently has 170,000 reservations and growing for the Silverado EV, including retail customers and intent from nearly 400 fleet operators. GMC has 90,000 reservations for the HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV.

Looks like they will try to get 2022 orders filled then pause on 2023 Pickups. Will they focus on the SUV??

Had some good news late last week, my truck arrived on 9/29. Can't pick it up because of travel for another week or so but here is my timeline for those still waiting. Good luck to all, it was a bit frustrating this summer waiting but glad it arrived.

TimeLine
DateNotes
Reservation Date10/20/20
Expected Delivery Email11/23/21Spring 2022
Need to Verify Email3/16/22
Verified Complete Email3/30/22
Charger Rec'dApril 2022
Built Email7/15/22
Dealer received accessoriesEarly August 22
Dealer email contact with expected delivery9/23/22Expected 10/8
Dealer confirmed delivery9/29/22
Congrats! My timeline looks like yours (with verification a couple weeks earlier) up to the "Built" email...still don't have one of those or any of the stuff after. And looks like you never got a shipped email?

· Registered
310 Posts
I guess I can only blame myself, buying into the info they were giving. Thinking Fall 2022 was an indication that's when 3X's would be in full force production and when I'd likely get mine. And GM probably thought that's where they'd be now too. But GM did mismanage expectations when they stated their expectation was to build 20k Hummer EVs this year but they've only ramped up enough to fulfill 1/20th of that which has downstream effects on delivery targets. A prediction they never recanted or updated. All we've gotten is a CEO saying "we've built 1000". I guess that's the most frustrating part. It's painfully obvious GM has been unable to meet their own expectations and that their targets HAVE changed but they've decided to keep that to themselves rather than manage expectations. I could have bought and enjoyed a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo for over a year but didn't because I knew my Hummer was "coming Fall 2022" and news like "pausing production" is just a twist of the knife....even if it's for some nebulous reason related to production.

Now the real question, will I get my truck before or after the unveiling of a production Cybertruck?
if it makes you feel any better, I thought when they said ED1 deliveries would begin in Fall 2021, that meant in volume and certainly more than one unit to an employee!

· Registered
310 Posts
But I want next Christmas already!
To be fair, Santa told me to expect Christmas between March 21 and June 21. So I'm still waiting for last Christmas while you've already had Christmas and changed religions.

I do agree that complaining is a waste of time, but hey at least it's a little cathartic.

· Registered
310 Posts
I said it to my friends that asked me about it when I first got it. It's still a vehicle I'd consider an absolute excess. Glad the 2x SUV has a smaller battery and is generally more efficient than the ED1 Pickup so it seems slightly less excessive.
Very curious what the battery size/overall weight on the SUV ends up being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts