GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
At least I got to see one and sit in it today... I want one BAD, and I have an early EV3X, but I am OK waiting at this point, I hope that I can get a 2024 with the newer OS and other options... But it is a BADASS truck... The one that my dealer called me about was a used one that the dealer bought (supposedly maybe a demo unit that was from the dealer event at Charlotte Motor Speedway)... They have it for sale for $215,000 and he was trying to sell me on it and I was like really.... I probably know more about it and what the market will bring than you do... I told him that the market was more like $160's now so I wished him good luck trying to sell it at that price and told him that I was happy to view it and I will patiently wait for my EV3X at retail....

· Registered
471 Posts
I was thinking the same thing... I have a 3X SUT.... A 1ST Edition SUV and a SilveradoE RST... but I will only get 1.... I will also probably reserve the Sierra... I do not NEED another truck right now, because I rarely drive my personal truck as it is... I have a company truck that I drive for work and then usually any other driving that I do is with the family in my wife's SUV... So, depending on timing, I may pass all together for a few years... But, I WANT THE HUMMER BAD....

· Registered
471 Posts
I reserved on 10/23/20, I wonder how many people didn't get the ED1, but were ahead of me. I am assuming that I am probably in the 1st 1000 (that did not get the ED1) or so. I did get a ED1 SUV (but, I do not like it as much as the SUT). I am curious just to know if there is a way to know, but I think that we are all in the dark. I have a friend who has a C8 Z06 reserved and he had mentioned to me that he knew about where he was and that he had moved up because a lot of people had dropped off, but I do not know if that is accurate or not.

· Registered
471 Posts
I got my 3X (wait listed for ED1) 30 minutes in on 10/20/2020. They sold out ED1 in 10 minutes, so I am guessing on that first night, during the first hour or so they hit at least 10K reservations, if we assume at least 1200 for every 10 minutes. The web site did slow everyone down due to the crashes, but we all kept trying.

My assumption is that I am in the first 5K to 10K range.

I was wondering about that, I don't remember the #'s that GM quoted initially... I was late to the game in that I didn't even know about it until I saw a Google News article about the Edition 1's selling out so fast... But when I saw that article I immediately went and put in a reservation... I loved the look of it. If there are 5-10,000 ahead of me that's fine with me too... Hopefully mine will be a 2024 with the new OS and other available options... And MAYBE the economy will show some signs of recovery by the time I get the call... @Tom E-Tron seems to have a fairly good idea of production, I would love to hears his educated guess as to when he thinks that #5000 and/or #10, 000 would fall into the production calendar... And we know that they will be building the SUV 1st editions at the same time.... Who knows maybe I get the SUV and then trade for the SUT.... 😁

· Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations... I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU... We (my family and me) went to to look at the one at my dealership, and I LOVE IT... And the family likes it a lot too (which kind of surprised me) so now I just wait and live vicariously through those of you here that have yours...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts