GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
From today's Press Release:

To respond to growing demand, GM is pulling ahead body shop upgrades at Factory ZERO for the Silverado EV and taking other steps to prepare to scale EV production in 2023. While the work is underway, GM will pause production of the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup for several weeks starting in late November. Chevrolet currently has 170,000 reservations and growing for the Silverado EV, including retail customers and intent from nearly 400 fleet operators. GMC has 90,000 reservations for the HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV.

Looks like they will try to get 2022 orders filled then pause on 2023 Pickups. Will they focus on the SUV??

Had some good news late last week, my truck arrived on 9/29. Can't pick it up because of travel for another week or so but here is my timeline for those still waiting. Good luck to all, it was a bit frustrating this summer waiting but glad it arrived.

TimeLine
DateNotes
Reservation Date10/20/20
Expected Delivery Email11/23/21Spring 2022
Need to Verify Email3/16/22
Verified Complete Email3/30/22
Charger Rec'dApril 2022
Built Email7/15/22
Dealer received accessoriesEarly August 22
Dealer email contact with expected delivery9/23/22Expected 10/8
Dealer confirmed delivery9/29/22
I'll pick it up for you if you want 馃槈

Registered
GM exact language was initial deliveries Fall 2021,

Tesla has a million Cybertrucks reserved, and said deliveries would start 2 years ago, not a single production model built... Rivian was 2 years late, Lordstown late, Bollinger died, and you are complaining about GM technically making their guidance? If I was Mary looking at you, STFU...

10 trucks a day is nearly 1000 per quarter, I think the high water mark for Hummer SUT will be about 30-50 a day, this is a small program, like Corvette, Silverado and Sierra EV are the money programs, so much so GM is already building a second plant to build them, in addition to factory Zero,

You people wasting your time complaining post after post are like little kids, too excited for Christmas.
But I want next Christmas already!

Registered
So what is a realistic output for the truck in 2023? 5, 10, 15, 20 thousand? I think one of the points I鈥檓 trying to make is that they cut off reservations waaaaaay past when they should have if this had always been the plan and they can鈥檛 increase production by an order of magnitude in a month. Maybe their projections assumed a conversion rate that tapers below 50% once you get into the 5 figures of production. It IS true that anything less than a 10x increase over the past quarter鈥榮 numbers by Jan 1st will have them falling well short of a 25% dent in their reservations by the end of 鈥23 which I guess you鈥檇 be the one to ask if that鈥檚 even feasible. I only took required the intro to MechE and MatE courses during my ChemE undergrad so I鈥檓 admittedly making some assumptions in poorly but not completely uninformed areas. I guess I鈥檓 just having trouble visualizing the capacity for the scale they want at the speed they need given. I get that past production isn鈥檛 a good indicator of future performance but the leap they need to make to actually follow through with reservations feels unrealistic. I鈥檒l defer to your insight but I鈥檓 still of the opinion that i probably won鈥檛 be seeing my truck until this time next year at the earliest, assuming I鈥檓 in the first 5-10k reservations or so.
Magna's maximum throughput for the battery trays is around 700 per day. That's just the BT1 trays, for all the Hummer, Silverado, Sierra, and Escalades. They made it sound like that ramp was going to be in the first 18 months, and they started almost a year ago now. Of course the only time I got info about it was back in April, so it was a while ago now.

Registered
I hate that I like it was a quote by Jason Fenske, Engineering Explained.
I said it to my friends that asked me about it when I first got it. It's still a vehicle I'd consider an absolute excess. Glad the 2x SUV has a smaller battery and is generally more efficient than the ED1 Pickup so it seems slightly less excessive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts