GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From today's Press Release:

To respond to growing demand, GM is pulling ahead body shop upgrades at Factory ZERO for the Silverado EV and taking other steps to prepare to scale EV production in 2023. While the work is underway, GM will pause production of the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup for several weeks starting in late November. Chevrolet currently has 170,000 reservations and growing for the Silverado EV, including retail customers and intent from nearly 400 fleet operators. GMC has 90,000 reservations for the HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV.

Looks like they will try to get 2022 orders filled then pause on 2023 Pickups. Will they focus on the SUV??

Had some good news late last week, my truck arrived on 9/29. Can't pick it up because of travel for another week or so but here is my timeline for those still waiting. Good luck to all, it was a bit frustrating this summer waiting but glad it arrived.

TimeLine
DateNotes
Reservation Date10/20/20
Expected Delivery Email11/23/21Spring 2022
Need to Verify Email3/16/22
Verified Complete Email3/30/22
Charger Rec'dApril 2022
Built Email7/15/22
Dealer received accessoriesEarly August 22
Dealer email contact with expected delivery9/23/22Expected 10/8
Dealer confirmed delivery9/29/22

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts

To respond to growing demand, GM is pulling ahead body shop upgrades at Factory ZERO for the Silverado EV and taking other steps to prepare to scale EV production in 2023. While the work is underway, GM will pause production of the GMC HUMMER EV Pickup for several weeks starting in late November. Chevrolet currently has 170,000 reservations and growing for the Silverado EV, including retail customers and intent from nearly 400 fleet operators. GMC has 90,000 reservations for the HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV.

Looks like they will try to get 2022 orders filled then pause on 2023 Pickups. Will they focus on the SUV??

Had some good news late last week, my truck arrived on 9/29. Can't pick it up because of travel for another week or so but here is my timeline for those still waiting. Good luck to all, it was a bit frustrating this summer waiting but glad it arrived.

TimeLine
DateNotes
Reservation Date10/20/20
Charger Rec'dApril 2022
Built Email7/15/22
I'll pick it up for you if you want 😉

·
Registered
Waiting on my Spring 2022 Delivery ED1
268 Posts

TimeLine
DateNotes
Reservation Date10/20/20
Charger Rec'dApril 2022
Built Email7/15/22
Congrats! My timeline looks like yours (with verification a couple weeks earlier) up to the "Built" email...still don't have one of those or any of the stuff after. And looks like you never got a shipped email?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! My timeline looks like yours (with verification a couple weeks earlier) up to the "Built" email...still don't have one of those or any of the stuff after. And looks like you never got a shipped email?
Never received an email regarding shipping. Only communication regarding shipping/expected arrival date was from the dealer when I did my monthly check in with him.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Pausing production again after they just paused for most of July. Doesn’t sound good.
There will be more pauses, when they add major components to the body shot it is too dangerous to have production workers inside when heavy stuff is being moved around, pretty standard stuff in an automotive body shop. The body shop was massively expanded recently,

Urban design Neighbourhood Residential area City Metropolitan area

·
Registered
256 Posts
Still, emails where your response to amazing demand is to stop production is funny on its face, free of context. They must have some amazing internal growth projections for production capacity considering it took them about a year to build 1,000 trucks and they have reservations for 250,000.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Still, emails where your response to amazing demand is to stop production is funny on its face, free of context. They must have some amazing internal growth projections for production capacity considering it took them about a year to build 1,000 trucks and they have reservations for 250,000.
You are thinking small, getting the factory up to max capacity requires stoppages, that is the big picture. Every OEM incl Tesla has stoppages to make changes and updates.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You are thinking small, getting the factory up to max capacity requires stoppages, that is the big picture. Every OEM incl Tesla has stoppages to make changes and updates.
I know, it's just funny in a Seinfeld'y sort of way. I keep waiting on the interminably imminent production surge to start. It just FEELS like they're trying to maintain this perception that these things are flying out of factories the way they need to, to satisfy demand...but they aren't, not even close. It's hard to stay optimistic when they still haven't delivered the first 1200 and you're one of the 90k. I'm lucky in that I should be an early 3X. I was mere minutes late for an Ed1 and still don't think I'll see my truck before this time next year. I'd love to find out I was wrong, but I'm no longer keeping my hopes up.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I know, it's just funny in a Seinfeld'y sort of way. I keep waiting on the interminably imminent production surge to start. It just FEELS like they're trying to maintain this perception that these things are flying out of factories the way they need to, to satisfy demand...but they aren't, not even close. It's hard to stay optimistic when they still haven't delivered the first 1200 and you're one of the 90k. I'm lucky in that I should be an early 3X. I was mere minutes late for an Ed1 and still don't think I'll see my truck before this time next year. I'd love to find out I was wrong, but I'm no longer keeping my hopes up.
Sounds like you have unrealistic expectations forcing you to make unrealistic judgments. GM will deliver the 1200 as they intended in 2022, and then start on the other 90K before the end of the year. 783 have been delivered to customers already, and we know from @Dark-Fx photos in Flint that quite a few more are built and sitting, If GM delivered the same in Q4, that they did in Q3, that should close out the 1st editions, and production is ramping, each quarter more deliveries than the last.

If you are in the other 90K, deliveries will start in the fall 2022, likely a handful in December meeting guidance, and then ramp throughout 2023. Get excited when you get a built email, before the, there is no predicting where you are in line and when you can expect a delivery,

·
Registered
256 Posts
I guess I can only blame myself, buying into the info they were giving. Thinking Fall 2022 was an indication that's when 3X's would be in full force production and when I'd likely get mine. And GM probably thought that's where they'd be now too. But GM did mismanage expectations when they stated their expectation was to build 20k Hummer EVs this year but they've only ramped up enough to fulfill 1/20th of that which has downstream effects on delivery targets. A prediction they never recanted or updated. All we've gotten is a CEO saying "we've built 1000". I guess that's the most frustrating part. It's painfully obvious GM has been unable to meet their own expectations and that their targets HAVE changed but they've decided to keep that to themselves rather than manage expectations. I could have bought and enjoyed a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo for over a year but didn't because I knew my Hummer was "coming Fall 2022" and news like "pausing production" is just a twist of the knife....even if it's for some nebulous reason related to production.

Now the real question, will I get my truck before or after the unveiling of a production Cybertruck?

·
Registered
256 Posts
GM is partially to blame because, unless I hallucinated it, someone there as recently as this spring said they had hoped to be making 2-3k trucks a month in November and December...which isn't happening. Especially if they're still nowhere near 100 trucks a day AND shutting the plant down once more. And again, they are as tight lipped as the Manhattan project on production updates besides Bara's "1000 built" comment, so all we have to go on are statements about production that are no longer applicable and obviously pipe dreams at this point.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I guess I can only blame myself, buying into the info they were giving. Thinking Fall 2022 was an indication that's when 3X's would be in full force production and when I'd likely get mine. And GM probably thought that's where they'd be now too. But GM did mismanage expectations when they stated their expectation was to build 20k Hummer EVs this year but they've only ramped up enough to fulfill 1/20th of that which has downstream effects on delivery targets. A prediction they never recanted or updated. All we've gotten is a CEO saying "we've built 1000". I guess that's the most frustrating part. It's painfully obvious GM has been unable to meet their own expectations and that their targets HAVE changed but they've decided to keep that to themselves rather than manage expectations. I could have bought and enjoyed a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo for over a year but didn't because I knew my Hummer was "coming Fall 2022" and news like "pausing production" is just a twist of the knife....even if it's for some nebulous reason related to production.

Now the real question, will I get my truck before or after the unveiling of a production Cybertruck?
if it makes you feel any better, I thought when they said ED1 deliveries would begin in Fall 2021, that meant in volume and certainly more than one unit to an employee!

·
Registered
256 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, I thought when they said ED1 deliveries would begin in Fall 2021, that meant in volume and certainly more than one unit to an employee!
History repeats. I'm just not a fan of paper launches or fulfilling promises on a technicality. For instance, I think it's worse if they make a single unit to deliver in fall 2022 and say "see we weren't lying" wink. Just wait until 2023 to deliver the first customer 3X with 100 more behind it, coming off the line that day. I don't envy whoever is in charge of the project, you've got 90k trucks reserved, you're making tens of trucks a day, and in a year, you'll be splitting battery, parts, and chip supplies with the Silverado EV that has twice as many reservations, and then you're splitting with the Blazer, Equinox, Sierra EV, etc. so without some miracle, you're in a Sisyphean task.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
819 Posts
I was one who kept getting kicked out of 1st edition when i tried to submit my $100 so i quickly went to 3x submitted it then went back to 1st edition still no luck. My dealer said i beat him on his 3x and he said we should see ours before december ends ....so we shall see
I was in the same situation on that reservation night, but my dealer is more realistic, he told me May of 2023. It is October and nobody seems to have been able to even order an EV3X, so I say that December is out of the question.

My dealer has delivered all 4 of their ED1 customer trucks and is still waiting on their demo unit. FYI, the dealers got to order one demo truck prior to the online reservations being open to the public.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
GM exact language was initial deliveries Fall 2021,
History repeats. I'm just not a fan of paper launches or fulfilling promises on a technicality. For instance, I think it's worse if they make a single unit to deliver in fall 2022 and say "see we weren't lying" wink. Just wait until 2023 to deliver the first customer 3X with 100 more behind it, coming off the line that day. I don't envy whoever is in charge of the project, you've got 90k trucks reserved, you're making tens of trucks a day, and in a year, you'll be splitting battery, parts, and chip supplies with the Silverado EV that has twice as many reservations, and then you're splitting with the Blazer, Equinox, Sierra EV, etc. so without some miracle, you're in a Sisyphean task.
Tesla has a million Cybertrucks reserved, and said deliveries would start 2 years ago, not a single production model built... Rivian was 2 years late, Lordstown late, Bollinger died, and you are complaining about GM technically making their guidance? If I was Mary looking at you, STFU...

10 trucks a day is nearly 1000 per quarter, I think the high water mark for Hummer SUT will be about 30-50 a day, this is a small program, like Corvette, Silverado and Sierra EV are the money programs, so much so GM is already building a second plant to build them, in addition to factory Zero,

You people wasting your time complaining post after post are like little kids, too excited for Christmas.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,102 Posts
GM exact language was initial deliveries Fall 2021,

Tesla has a million Cybertrucks reserved, and said deliveries would start 2 years ago, not a single production model built... Rivian was 2 years late, Lordstown late, Bollinger died, and you are complaining about GM technically making their guidance? If I was Mary looking at you, STFU...

10 trucks a day is nearly 1000 per quarter, I think the high water mark for Hummer SUT will be about 30-50 a day, this is a small program, like Corvette, Silverado and Sierra EV are the money programs, so much so GM is already building a second plant to build them, in addition to factory Zero,

You people wasting your time complaining post after post are like little kids, too excited for Christmas.
But I want next Christmas already!

·
Registered
268 Posts
But I want next Christmas already!
To be fair, Santa told me to expect Christmas between March 21 and June 21. So I'm still waiting for last Christmas while you've already had Christmas and changed religions.

I do agree that complaining is a waste of time, but hey at least it's a little cathartic.

·
Registered
443 Posts
At least I got to see one and sit in it today... I want one BAD, and I have an early EV3X, but I am OK waiting at this point, I hope that I can get a 2024 with the newer OS and other options... But it is a BADASS truck... The one that my dealer called me about was a used one that the dealer bought (supposedly maybe a demo unit that was from the dealer event at Charlotte Motor Speedway)... They have it for sale for $215,000 and he was trying to sell me on it and I was like really.... I probably know more about it and what the market will bring than you do... I told him that the market was more like $160's now so I wished him good luck trying to sell it at that price and told him that I was happy to view it and I will patiently wait for my EV3X at retail....

1 - 20 of 89 Posts