GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer has leaked out that he heard from the Cadillac regional manager that the Lyriq will get around a 5% price increase on the launch trim after the already reserved models are delivered, and the top end model with AWD will be around $73K + or - He also said, if you want one, get in touch with your dealer ASAP, as the 2023 allocations will sell out quick. Don't wait until May 19th @BigJonEV Does this align with what you are hearing?

If this is true, it's likely HummerEV reservation holders wanting to upgrade to Edition 1 will see a similar price bump, although that is not confirmed by anyone at GM.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A dealer has leaked out that he heard from the Cadillac regional manager that the Lyriq will get around a 5% price increase on the launch trim after the already reserved models are delivered, and the top end model with AWD will be around $73K + or - He also said, if you want one, get in touch with your dealer ASAP, as the 2023 allocations will sell out quick. Don't wait until May 19th @BigJonEV Does this align with what you are hearing?

If this is true, it's likely HummerEV reservation holders wanting to upgrade to Edition 1 will see a similar price bump, although that is not confirmed by anyone at GM.
Yeah, I'm thinking they will need to update the Hummer website in time - fix the ranges, all the coming soon, and redesign it - perhaps its own sub-site of GMC or so.

But either way, seems they will need to increase prices at MSRP a good 5% - 10% with inflation picking up pace still. They see that for EVs you can pass those on to consumers and they will still pay it mainly (aka Tesla's increase in margin and price increases went well as demand is there).

As long as the fulfill current Edition 1s at the current MSRP for us I'm good ;-)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking they will need to update the Hummer website in time - fix the ranges, all the coming soon, and redesign it - perhaps its own sub-site of GMC or so.

But either way, seems they will need to increase prices at MSRP a good 5% - 10% with inflation picking up pace still. They see that for EVs you can pass those on to consumers and they will still pay it mainly (aka Tesla's increase in margin and price increases went well as demand is there).

As long as the fulfill current Edition 1s at the current MSRP for us I'm good ;-)
I think part of the reason people have stuck with Tesla is the fear that the prices will rise even more in the future - thus they need to commit now. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy in a way - people demand more if it if they think they can’t get it or the price will go up too much. It’s the new toilet paper run! 🤪

·
Registered
399 Posts

With only 1200 being built do you really think GM will build an edition one for everyone that clicked the box on the reservation? I don’t follow other car launches but I don’t recall anyone else building more launch editions to satisfy demand. Maybe would be easier for GM to move on to just the 3X due to the chip shortage even though many may spec out their 3X with the 3 motor 1000hp option

·
Registered
399 Posts
GM will not raise prices on reservation holders, but people upgrading will certainly pay more for the same capability. So whatever level you reserved, you will be stuck without upgrades.
I would think they’d have to do this very soon due to the backlog of orders if they want to protect themselves in 2024 and beyond. That or they are hoping the government will step in and help subsidize

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With only 1200 being built do you really think GM will build an edition one for everyone that clicked the box on the reservation? I don’t follow other car launches but I don’t recall anyone else building more launch editions to satisfy demand. Maybe would be easier for GM to move on to just the 3X due to the chip shortage even though many may spec out their 3X with the 3 motor 1000hp option
Duncan Allred said GM plans to give everyone that wanted it the upgrade, he said its a very high percentage of total reservations, but I do not recall if the number was 60 or 80%

·
Registered
55 Posts
Duncan Allred said GM plans to give everyone that wanted it the upgrade, he said its a very high percentage of total reservations, but I do not recall if the number was 60 or 80%
I missed this as well - can you share a link if there is an article or video where this was stated? I didn't join the waitlist until I reserved the 3X SUV in February (previously reserved the 2X in April 2021) so had no expectation of getting the upgrade but I would love the Moonshot Green Matte paint and was planning to upgrade to the Lunar Shadow interior and transparent sky panels anyway. However, if there is a mark-up I would need to consider whether the additional cost makes sense given 2/3 are available options on the 3X.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I missed this as well - can you share a link if there is an article or video where this was stated? I didn't join the waitlist until I reserved the 3X SUV in February (previously reserved the 2X in April 2021) so had no expectation of getting the upgrade but I would love the Moonshot Green Matte paint and was planning to upgrade to the Lunar Shadow interior and transparent sky panels anyway. However, if there is a mark-up I would need to consider whether the additional cost makes sense given 2/3 are available options on the 3X.
you can still check the waitlist option today so I’m not certain everyone is going to get an Edition 1 that waitlisted.

they have to make the cutoff at some point like the 1200 we’ve all been hearing, otherwise what is the point of this special lunar themed edition 1.

·
Registered
55 Posts
you can still check the waitlist option today so I’m not certain everyone is going to get an Edition 1 that waitlisted.

they have to make the cutoff at some point like the 1200 we’ve all been hearing, otherwise what is the point of this special lunar themed edition 1.
I agree and that's why I was hoping to see the article. I'm not banking on getting an Edition 1 by any means. I also don't particularly care if I miss out because the matte paint and Edition 1 badges are my lowest priority and the rest, including the Lunar Shadow interior, can be optioned based on the GMC website.

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts

I haven't seen anything on pricing yet. Our order workbench has been updated to show the AWD model now. Being the 19th is a Thursday in May my guess is that's when we will know what kind of allocations we are getting for it. So we can input an order now, but no chance of it getting placed until then.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't seen anything on pricing yet. Our order workbench has been updated to show the AWD model now. Being the 19th is a Thursday in May my guess is that's when we will know what kind of allocations we are getting for it. So we can input an order now, but no chance of it getting placed until then.
Good to know, my source claimed to know how many allocations they had, so they must have fudged the truth.

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Good to know, my source claimed to know how many allocations they had, so they must have fudged the truth.
I will look tomorrow to see if anything shows in the way of allocations, but typically that's at the time of when ordering. Like we have 40 Escalade orders waiting and won't know if they can get placed until tomorrow when we receive allocations.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will look tomorrow to see if anything shows in the way of allocations, but typically that's at the time of when ordering. Like we have 40 Escalade orders waiting and won't know if they can get placed until tomorrow when we receive allocations.
Wow, 40 Escalades behind? I cannot believe how well those sell... Escalade outsells Lincoln Navigator, and Ford Expedition combined.

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Wow, 40 Escalades behind? I cannot believe how well those sell... Escalade outsells Lincoln Navigator, and Ford Expedition combined.
We keep pushing the timeframe we are telling clients out and they still want to order as it least gives them a chance. We are also about 20 deep on Yukons. Never would I have guessed we would have so many people ready to buy a car and we have nothing to deliver right now.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We keep pushing the timeframe we are telling clients out and they still want to order as it least gives them a chance. We are also about 20 deep on Yukons. Never would I have guessed we would have so many people ready to buy a car and we have nothing to deliver right now.
Its a nice problem to have, although customers are grumpy waiting for their cars.. How are you guys doing on HD pickups? This a segment I am watching close, GM has taken a lot of marketshare from Ford, and I cannot figure out if that is positive for GM or just that Ford is having more trouble building trucks.

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Its a nice problem to have, although customers are grumpy waiting for their cars.. How are you guys doing on HD pickups? This a segment I am watching close, GM has taken a lot of marketshare from Ford, and I cannot figure out if that is positive for GM or just that Ford is having more trouble building trucks.
We are crushing it on HD trucks. GM said in the beginning of the year I believe it was a 40% increase in HD allocations this year and we are for sure seeing it. Plus we aren't really being constrained either on features. HD ordering is almost wide open on any trim.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We are crushing it on HD trucks. GM said in the beginning of the year I believe it was a 40% increase in HD allocations this year and we are for sure seeing it. Plus we aren't really being constrained either on features. HD ordering is almost wide open on any trim.
YA, HD production for GM is way up this year since the Oshawa plant came online to build Chevy's, and allow Flint to build more GMC's. GM is milking that cash cow hard, and its is showing with now 40%+ HD marketshare in the USA, which is GM's highest in the Duramax era.

Ford must be feeling some heat because most of GM's gained marketshare has come from them. Hard to believe 20 years ago Ford had 75%+ marketshare in this segment, now struggling to hold 30%.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts