GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
471 Posts
The EVGO thing does not seem useful, since they are not building out an interstate charging system. EVGO only seems to build out chargers in urban areas. All the EVGO sites in Arizona are single charger 50kw units that are 5-6 years old. EVGO is also not supporting plug & charge, even with newer units.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
The EVGO thing does not seem useful, since they are not building out an interstate charging system. EVGO only seems to build out chargers in urban areas. All the EVGO sites in Arizona are single charger 50kw units that are 5-6 years old. EVGO is also not supporting plug & charge, even with newer units.
Folks at GM have repeatedly assured me that plug and charge is on their radar. I'm not really sure what to think at this point.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taking the $1500 for a home charging upgrade is the better incentive. EV-Go has a long way to go to be anything more then a novelty.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just ordered the AWD today base is 64k, not bad. I fire there’s 8-10k in desirable options. I think it should compete will the MY given pricing. I’m not sure than EPA range in AWD versions but I’m guessing below 300.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Ya, so have to decide which Bonus works best for you.
I'm slightly annoyed with these bonuses because they said they know most people charge at home which means we have chargers already. This also means I'm not out using EVgo stations either. To me neither one of these benefits really helps me and I'm sure I can't be the only one.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm slightly annoyed with these bonuses because they said they know most people charge at home which means we have chargers already. This also means I'm not out using EVgo stations either. To me neither one of these benefits really helps me and I'm sure I can't be the only one.
As I said a year ago, GM should be buddies with EA, that the only CCS network that offers value across the country. Missed opportunity for GM.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With GMs money to help EVGO is supposed to build another 2750 350kW chargers by 2025. Very aggressive. They also have a deal with Chase banks.

but I hope they can build some great off freeway options like Tesla, even better than EAs Walmart chargers typically.
EVGO could be a decent stock to run up in time.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With GMs money to help EVGO is supposed to build another 2750 350kW chargers by 2025. Very aggressive. They also have a deal with Chase banks.

but I hope they can build some great off freeway options like Tesla, even better than EAs Walmart chargers typically.
EVGO could be a decent stock to run up in time.
Ya, should we wait until 2025 to go on a road trip?

So far EV_GO has been building stations in cities and suburbs, not out on the highway where 350 kW chargers are needed. EA has saturated the area I live with chargers there are 22 EA locations within 20 miles of my house.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
471 Posts
Phoenix has 9 operational EA sites, with at least 4 units at each site. 2 more are built but not opened yet. EVGO has 3 sites with a single 50kw charger at each one. Only half the EA sites are at Walmarts.

EA also just opened a site in Showlow, which is way off the beaten path, near camping, fishing, hunting and a ski resort. Perfect for the Hummer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ya, should we wait until 2025 to go on a road trip?

So far EV_GO has been building stations in cities and suburbs, not out on the highway where 350 kW chargers are needed. EA has saturated the area I live with chargers there are 22 EA locations within 20 miles of my house.
We can all hope that Tesla will open up their super chargers soon to CCS. He mentioned SCs will add CCS to each site, but would be great if they had an adapter that worked for us. Their locations are typically in great spots.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We can all hope that Tesla will open up their super chargers soon to CCS. He mentioned SCs will add CCS to each site, but would be great if they had an adapter that worked for us. Their locations are typically in great spots.
Tesla has been upping the supercharger prices, now in some areas its .58 a kWh, thats too expensive to charge the HummerEv.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts