GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Move over Plaid, Lucid is planning to crush Tesla's Plaid Model S in performance and capability with their new "Sapphire" version of the Air Sedan. This is cool, but Lucid is not cutting corners like Tesla, adding proper brakes, handling upgrades and massive tires to their performance model. Nurburgring laps will separate the men from the boys. Lucid will also include a full steering wheel.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
898 Posts
Serious question, what attracted you to polestar? I mean a Chinese made EV with specs behind so many others to me seems odd so many people like it?
The 2? It's comfortable, build quality is really good, and I could actually go sit in one and test drive it before I purchased. Rides and drives really nice. Polestar has increased the range of it twice since I've owned it. And wanted a tax credit last year to help offset some of my income. Didn't leave me with many choices.

For the 6, what other EV convertibles are there? The +2 rear seat would work out for my family situation likely for a few years after they start making it. I expect it to drive even better than the 2, and realistically, anything faster than 3 seconds to 60 mph is pretty unnecessary since it becomes very quick to be driving illegally fast. Affordability is the biggest problem with it though, I was anticipating it somewhere in the 130-150k range.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Serious question, what attracted you to polestar? I mean a Chinese made EV with specs behind so many others to me seems odd so many people like it?
And a lot of people seem to be of the opinion that the Chinese built Teslas have better build quality than the US made ones. I don't know if that's a Tesla problem or what though.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 2? It's comfortable, build quality is really good, and I could actually go sit in one and test drive it before I purchased. Rides and drives really nice. Polestar has increased the range of it twice since I've owned it. And wanted a tax credit last year to help offset some of my income. Didn't leave me with many choices.

For the 6, what other EV convertibles are there? The +2 rear seat would work out for my family situation likely for a few years after they start making it. I expect it to drive even better than the 2, and realistically, anything faster than 3 seconds to 60 mph is pretty unnecessary since it becomes very quick to be driving illegally fast. Affordability is the biggest problem with it though, I was anticipating it somewhere in the 130-150k range.
Makes sense, so its lack of availability of better options is the driving reason?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Makes sense, so its lack of availability of better options is the driving reason?
It's a big part of it. I bought the 2 as a gap car for the Rivian, but my wife likes it better than her Volt, so I didn't trade it in. Rivian didn't want to give us enough for the Volt so we just decided to keep it for the time being, It's likely getting sold when the Fisker Ocean comes in. I don't see us getting rid of the 2 this year, will probably hang onto it through at least one more winter season.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's a big part of it. I bought the 2 as a gap car for the Rivian, but my wife likes it better than her Volt, so I didn't trade it in. Rivian didn't want to give us enough for the Volt so we just decided to keep it for the time being, It's likely getting sold when the Fisker Ocean comes in. I don't see us getting rid of the 2 this year, will probably hang onto it through at least one more winter season.
Oh wow, buying a Fisker too? you are a risk taker.

Polestar will make it, but Fisker Ocean is likely to be sold under another brand soon. Fisker does not have the money or credibility to make it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I mean a Chinese made EV with specs behind so many others to me seems odd so many people like it?
I also have the Polestar 2 but I never understood this take. Sure, Geely is the brand new parent company but the P2 is a Volvo through and through. It's based on the CMA platform.

The reasons I have one are the same. The quality just trumps any EV I've tried and it's seriously refined as a car. Plus I have the fully adjustable Ohlins suspension from the Performance Pack.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I also have the Polestar 2 but I never understood this take. Sure, Geely is the brand new parent company but the P2 is a Volvo through and through. It's based on the CMA platform.

The reasons I have one are the same. The quality just trumps any EV I've tried and it's seriously refined as a car. Plus I have the fully adjustable Ohlins suspension from the Performance Pack.
It's still built in China, significantly from Chinese components. It's the biggest negative of the car, but it wasn't enough to stop me from purchasing it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts