GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Very impressive range. Unless you are a certain Tesla fanboy who claims the Lucid battery is much larger than they claim. 馃槣

I am curious what the Celestiq will end up being as far as range and battery size - I assume the car will be much larger than the Lucid though making it harder to compare.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very impressive range. Unless you are a certain Tesla fanboy who claims the Lucid battery is much larger than they claim. 馃槣

I am curious what the Celestiq will end up being as far as range and battery size - I assume the car will be much larger than the Lucid though making it harder to compare.
Ya, Lucid made efficiency a priority for the first day of the design, Lyriq, and GM in general are not advanced to that level of EV design yet. I venture to say GM could not even do what Lucid did if they tried without years to work on it and billions of dollars. Just looking at ultium, GM went more after cost cutting than efficiency. But I think GM should be benchmarking Lucid's drivetrain, because eventually EV's will be the same efficiency battleground that ICE cars are now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts