GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a reservation for the first edition and don't mind waiting, LMK, looking to purchase one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
GM does not allow transfers. Only option would be that a person buys and takes delivery of it, and then they’d have to sell it to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a reservation for the first edition and don't mind waiting, LMK, looking to purchase one!
how much you looking to pay odds are these things will be going way over msrp especially at the start and went how the car market is today wouldn’t be shocked to be seeing people asking $200k for theirs when they release

·
Registered
5 Posts
I despise these threads. I’m worried it just encourages dealers to try to get that market adjustment bump. GM better hold to that reservation system, otherwise what was the point if a dealer can just mark it up to whatever? Hopefully the vast majority of the first editions go to enthusiasts and we don’t see a bunch of flipping. Personally, I’d sign a ROFR with maybe a 12 month term, similar to what Ford did with the GT in an effort to keep flippers out and the ownership with enthusiasts.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I despise these threads. I’m worried it just encourages dealers to try to get that market adjustment bump. GM better hold to that reservation system, otherwise what was the point if a dealer can just mark it up to whatever? Hopefully the vast majority of the first editions go to enthusiasts and we don’t see a bunch of flipping. Personally, I’d sign a ROFR with maybe a 12 month term, similar to what Ford did with the GT in an effort to keep flippers out and the ownership with enthusiasts.
I had never thought about that, but Yes, I hope GMC can hold their dealers to account on the price. As for flipping the trucks, do you really think there will be a market for that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had never thought about that, but Yes, I hope GMC can hold their dealers to account on the price. As for flipping the trucks, do you really think there will be a market for that?
Yes, there will be a market to flip the early trucks in customer hands. Maybe the first couple thousand trucks or more? We saw it with the C8 but I‘m assuming this will be considerably worse due to more limited initial volumes . Another example is the Dodge Hellcat. Prices stayed high until volume caught demand. I experienced it with the R35 Nissan GTR, paying a decent amount over sticker and feeling like I got a good deal against the secondary market for about a year.

The Hummer is very different from anything else out there and will be popular among us that like to be first on the block. I think it will appeal to a wide range of car enthusiasts where Teslas generally have not.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, there will be a market to flip the early trucks in customer hands. Maybe the first couple thousand trucks or more? We saw it with the C8 but I‘m assuming this will be considerably worse due to more limited initial volumes . Another example is the Dodge Hellcat. Prices stayed high until volume caught demand. I experienced it with the R35 Nissan GTR, paying a decent amount over sticker and feeling like I got a good deal against the secondary market for about a year.

The Hummer is very different from anything else out there and will be popular among us that like to be first on the block. I think it will appeal to a wide range of car enthusiasts where Teslas generally have not.

I agree with you, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My reservation is through TransWest, they are not marking up beyond MSRP. In fact, any dealer that has bought into the Hummer EV program has agreed to abide by GM’s pricing structure and rules, so they have told me. I don’t know how strict GM will be on that or what sort of consequences there are for dealers who don’t play along. Now they’re not allowed to discuss pricing at this time other than to quote the estimated MSRP‘s that have already been advertised by GM. Any dealership quoting prices or telling their customers that there will be markups are complete slime balls. I honestly think some dealerships are pulling that crap now trying to scare reservation holders out of hanging around. And yet, with the Edition 1 trucks, dealerships can’t just latch onto an unclaimed reservation or a truck someone refuses, it’s supposed to go to the next reservation holder In line at that dealership.

I do think there will be some trucks changing hands early on with the Edition 1’s. There are enough people who will pay a premium to own it, even if it means being #2 on the title. I reserved a few days after reservations opened up for an EV3X. I’m waitlisted for an Edition 1, but the odds of getting one are pretty slim. I don’t mind having to wait a bit to make sure most of the initial kinks are identified and hopefully worked out. And I will have more color choices, maybe better accessory availability.…

·
Registered
571 Posts
My reservation is through TransWest, they are not marking up beyond MSRP. In fact, any dealer that has bought into the Hummer EV program has agreed to abide by GM’s pricing structure and rules, so they have told me. I don’t know how strict GM will be on that or what sort of consequences there are for dealers who don’t play along. Now they’re not allowed to discuss pricing at this time other than to quote the estimated MSRP‘s that have already been advertised by GM. Any dealership quoting prices or telling their customers that there will be markups are complete slime balls. I honestly think some dealerships are pulling that crap now trying to scare reservation holders out of hanging around. And yet, with the Edition 1 trucks, dealerships can’t just latch onto an unclaimed reservation or a truck someone refuses, it’s supposed to go to the next reservation holder In line at that dealership.

I do think there will be some trucks changing hands early on with the Edition 1’s. There are enough people who will pay a premium to own it, even if it means being #2 on the title. I reserved a few days after reservations opened up for an EV3X. I’m waitlisted for an Edition 1, but the odds of getting one are pretty slim. I don’t mind having to wait a bit to make sure most of the initial kinks are identified and hopefully worked out. And I will have more color choices, maybe better accessory availability.…
I agree with you, I really hope GM dealerships do not play the games Ford Dealers are with the Mach E GT. Ford dealers have taken customers orders that decided not to pull the trigger, and order the cars for inventory so they can sell them with markup. I saw a guy tweet the ford CEO about this, and the CEO stopped it. Dealers that are greedy like that are a problem for the manufactures too, its is just bad will...

GM cannot legally force the dealers to sell the cars for MSRP, but the customers can blast the dealers that do stuff like this on the satisfaction survey, which can cost dealerships their hold back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you, I really hope GM dealerships do not play the games Ford Dealers are with the Mach E GT. Ford dealers have taken customers orders that decided not to pull the trigger, and order the cars for inventory so they can sell them with markup. I saw a guy tweet the ford CEO about this, and the CEO stopped it. Dealers that are greedy like that are a problem for the manufactures too, its is just bad will...

GM cannot legally force the dealers to sell the cars for MSRP, but the customers can blast the dealers that do stuff like this on the satisfaction survey, which can cost dealerships their hold back.
Like with the Hummer EV's GMC can finally be the true trend setter with a great jump start on the EV market. GMC will not allow dealers to price gouge and abide by the GMC EV pricing program, and if they dont ~ report those dealers immediately, GMC will come down hard on them. GMC truly has a pathway to finally surpass the others in quality and service..... everyone is watching.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Like with the Hummer EV's GMC can finally be the true trend setter with a great jump start on the EV market. GMC will not allow dealers to price gouge and abide by the GMC EV pricing program, and if they dont ~ report those dealers immediately, GMC will come down hard on them. GMC truly has a pathway to finally surpass the others in quality and service..... everyone is watching.
Exactly... Everyone is watching, and GM knows it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts