GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer updated the Hummer EV to add Extract mode. Required new ride height sensors and a software update. Golling Buick/GMC also charged it up and washed it while it was there!

The update adds a forth setting, Extract, which can be used in Terrain mode. Speed is limited to 12 mph and the 4-wheel steering is WILD in Extract mode.

Pictures show Extract, Extended, Normal and Entry/Exit. (Pictures don't do it justice.)

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Plant Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive carrying rack Plant

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive carrying rack Hood

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is but doesn’t look like it because the lower portions are painted black, plus photo angles causing an illusion. You have to look at the tires and edges of rock sliders
I stand corrected. I see the rock sliders move up from the bottom of the wheel bolts to the top of the wheel bolts.
That said, if the truck really needed to get through rock territory, I would like to see the rock sliders retract to the bottom of the cab.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,087 Posts
I stand corrected. I see the rock sliders move up from the bottom of the wheel bolts to the top of the wheel bolts.
That said, if the truck really needed to get through rock territory, I would like to see the rock sliders retract to the bottom of the cab.
The Rock Sliders are just a bit lower than level with the bottom of the Hummer next to the battery, they are their to protect the side of the vehicle and "slide" on rocks.
You don't want them to retract...

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
585 Posts
The Rock Sliders are just a bit lower than level with the bottom of the Hummer next to the battery, they are their to protect the side of the vehicle and "slide" on rocks.
You don't want them to retract...
Yeah, on the Rivian forums a few people have "rock gashes" on the bottom of the trucks from off roading, since they do not have the rock sliders. Defeats the purpose if they retract.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully your's stays good. Mine went up and down a few times and is not busted and stuck in normal.
Mine quit working properly after a few times too. I'm getting the "Leveling System Unavailable" message, so the truck is back at Golling to work out the bugs. That's the downside of being an early adopter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine quit working properly after a few times too. I'm getting the "Leveling System Unavailable" message, so the truck is back at Golling to work out the bugs. That's the downside of being an early adopter.
Interesting.. not too many of us who have had the update work done and to hear yours 'gave out' after a few uses is definitely curious. Keep us posted what you hear from the shop please. Also, interesting you got VIN 0181 in Feb.. I got 0086 in May.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Interesting.. not too many of us who have had the update work done and to hear yours 'gave out' after a few uses is definitely curious. Keep us posted what you hear from the shop please. Also, interesting you got VIN 0181 in Feb.. I got 0086 in May.
When my truck came into the dealership in late June in a threesome, mine was in the low 500's one was in the high 600's and one was below 080

·
Registered
75 Posts
When my truck came into the dealership in late June in a threesome, mine was in the low 500's one was in the high 600's and one was below 080
Just saw a new owner in the supermarket parking lot this afternoon.. he's had his for a week and it was #689 he said.

Also for the Extract mode -- got a call from my service dept manager... GM HQ told him they have a new program for Extract (guessing me and @Snogoer arent the only 2 with issues). Service dept is booked solid this week so sometime next week I'll be taking her back in for the update to the update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also for the Extract mode -- got a call from my service dept manager... GM HQ told him they have a new program for Extract (guessing me and @Snogoer arent the only 2 with issues). Service dept is booked solid this week so sometime next week I'll be taking her back in for the update to the update.
Picked mine up this evening; leveling system is working as it should for now. Service manager said GM engineers are aware of the issues so I suspect they are working on an update. Hopefully it's OTA because I'm going out of town for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Picked mine up this evening; leveling system is working as it should for now. Service manager said GM engineers are aware of the issues so I suspect they are working on an update. Hopefully it's OTA because I'm going out of town for a couple weeks.
Did you get any details about what they did? Was it an update to the update or just a reset of the leveling system (guessing meaning a fuse pulled and maybe a recalibrate procedure) but same software loaded?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts