GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dark is a big contributor on this site and we all learned a lot about the truck from them. Mainly for me, don’t go for the tonneau. They gave the truck a decent shot and for what they are selling for you can’t blame someone for taking that money. The bids are already 30k over msrp so looks like some money is going in the piggy bank.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dark is a big contributor on this site and we all learned a lot about the truck from them. Mainly for me, don’t go for the tonneau. They gave the truck a decent shot and for what they are selling for you can’t blame someone for taking that money. The bids are already 30k over msrp so looks like some money is going in the piggy bank.
Exactly... he shared his experience with us, and has been a cool member here, in his shoes I would do the same thing, I might sell mine and reserve another one, which he can buy with house money. Dark is not a broker that just flipped it, that kind of person I do not like either, and I would say Dark does something very close to the industry, considering his Hummer was inside the new Magna plant where the battery module boxes for it are made.

·
Administrator
707 Posts
Unfortunately if I take your generous offer, cars and bids will ban me permanently.
Understood, definitely a valid reason ;)

Good luck brother, I hope you still stick around here after your Hummer EV sells. It's been great having your insight.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
I assume it’s too late to pull your auction. So did clarify if she wished you kept the Rivian and the Hummer? Or the Hummer instead of the Rivian?
I'm not interested in pulling the auction at this point. She helped me get everything ready for it so I was a bit surprised when she said that. She made it sound like she liked driving it better, but it's probably for the same reason I prefer the Rivian.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For some reason my wife decides to tell me today that she thinks I should have kept the Hummer. Put in a pre-order for the EV2X SUV... Hopefully everyone here gets their trucks before my number comes up again!
After reading this I went and proactively reserved a 3x SUT, already have the 3X suv. Just in case the prices haven’t come down enough and I’m forced to sell my first edition as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For some reason my wife decides to tell me today that she thinks I should have kept the Hummer. Put in a pre-order for the EV2X SUV... Hopefully everyone here gets their trucks before my number comes up again!
What made you go with the 2X after having an ED1? I ask because I placed a 2X initially but then placed a 3X more recently, and based on when I ordered it‘s possible I get the call for the 2X first.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
579 Posts
What made you go with the 2X after having an ED1? I ask because I placed a 2X initially but then placed a 3X more recently, and based on when I ordered it‘s possible I get the call for the 2X first.
625 hp is still plenty of power. My wife isn't an aggressive driver like I am so she probably still won't put the pedal down very often. Steering and driving manners are probably a lot the same.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts