#1 ·
Here is the latest SUV Teaser

What are others expecting on the SUV?

I expect First Edition SUV $118K, Available Mid 2022, similar specs to SUT

#6 ·
Here is the latest SUV Teaser

What are others expecting on the SUV?

I expect First Edition SUV $118K, Available Mid 2022, similar specs to SUT

I'm with you on everything you said. The one thing I'm kind of expecting not to see, though, is a third row...something just tells me it won't get it. I don't know why. I think they'll go the Hummer H3 route, not the H2.

Reactions: Tom E-Tron
#7 ·
Well, I have been wrong once before, but that was many years ago... haha! Just kidding of course... I am sure it will have 3 rows from the design and where the rear doors are. This vehicle is bigger than H3, and ever a little bigger then H2. I think it's basically the SUT with 12" cut off the back (same wheelbase) and a roof over the bed, exactly following Yukon interior proportions (even the same seats with different coverings). I think it is even going to have the removable roof panels from the SUT.

#9 ·
I think in the long run the Hummer SUV will definitely be the higher volume play for GMC. Hummer EV SUV is definitely coming with 3 rows, after @MCH comment above I went back and looked at the chassis cutaway, definitely space to fold the 3rd row, just like the new Yukon, Tahoe, Escalade triplets which fold the 3rd row on top of the interior floor (rear cargo floor is higher).

#16 ·
I’m new here and can’t wait until either is available. I’m on the waitlist for the SUT and I managed, with a lot of refreshing, to get a reservation today for the Edition 1 SUV. Frankly, I’m going to get whichever I can the soonest. The biggest advantage that the SUT has got me is that it will be available a year earlier than the SUV.
David

#18 ·
Wow, the SUV looks great. I am surprised they made it smaller, but I think it makes sense. I think the size of the SUT will make it difficult to fit into a one car garage, so maybe they figured the typical buyer of the SUV would want something smaller. It is disappointing there is no 3rd row seating, because so many will cross it off their list. I have been following Rivian closely for more than a year, and it appears their marketing research determined three row seating that can fold flat was more important than range. They are probably right. I rarely need a third row, maybe once or twice a year. It is really nice to have it when you need it. But still - range in a BEV is king, and I personally would rather have range than that 3rd row.

#19 ·
I agree with most of what you are saying, but on Range vs 3rd row. iIf you make a vehicle longer typically there is no aerodynamic penalty, so it just adds a small amount of mass, which effects real world range less. Also if you make a vehicle longer you can fit more batteries similar to Hummer SUV which has 20 battery cell modules over the SUT which has 24 modules. SUT bigger battery = more range. GM made a design decision to make the Hummer SUV shorter for whatever reason (I think a mistake when you understand the customer base that will buy and can afford this) The lack of a 3rd row led me and quite a few others to instantly cross the Hummer SUV off our shopping list. Also the schedule, 2 years out? Why are they showing it now? GM is starting to play Tesla's game now of showing vehicles that are too far out, and I am not impressed.

#25 ·
Looking at the picture @BahamaTodd posted, it seems like you could squeeze a small third row in that is designed to fold flat. Not sure what is under that black plastic map looking thing, but I bet it is just more storage. We know the spare tire is not there anyway.

View attachment 705
That is a good shot to show how little room is behind the second row. This Hummer SUV is short in cab length, not designed to be a family hauler. The Escalade has almost that much length behind the 3rd row, and the long wheelbase version Escalade has more space behind the 3rd row. I hope when GM brings out the EV escalade they use the Hummers rear steering to make it more maneuverable in parking lots.

#26 ·
I agree with Tom Etron.... We had a Lexus Gx470 with the the removable seats... They would also fold up, but mad blind spots and reduced cargo space. I removed them when we 1st got it home and put them in garbage bags to keep them dust free... 9 years later when we sold the car I put them back in... And they did take up a lot of space too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.