GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
The conundrum for me is, do we take the lack of info as a bad sign for production and deliveries or just business as usual. It feels like they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if production was ramping up as fast as they were hoping and that there'd be more info on what comes after Ed1. The lack of communication feels like the inhale before breathing out "We won't finish delivering Ed1s and demos until the beginning of 2023 and 3X production will be Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022." The official sales number for the Hummer EV's Q2 is 273, according to GoodCarBadCar and less in Q1. If the estimates on Ed1 orders are correct and production doesn't accelerate by 3-4x by December, Ed1 production will continue through the end of the year. I'm being a little facetious but it will be 2050 by the time they fulfilled preorders at this rate. A simple "yes, we're on schedule to begin 3X deliveries by the end of Q3, beginning of Q4" or "No, we're behind" would be a great goodwill gesture.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The conundrum for me is, do we take the lack of info as a bad sign for production and deliveries or just business as usual. It feels like they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if production was ramping up as fast as they were hoping and that there'd be more info on what comes after Ed1. The lack of communication feels like the inhale before breathing out "We won't finish delivering Ed1s and demos until the beginning of 2023 and 3X production will be Spring 2023 instead of Fall 2022." The official sales number for the Hummer EV's Q2 is 273, according to GoodCarBadCar and less in Q1. If the estimates on Ed1 orders are correct and production doesn't accelerate by 3-4x by December, Ed1 production will continue through the end of the year. I'm being a little facetious but it will be 2050 by the time they fulfilled preorders at this rate. A simple "yes, we're on schedule to begin 3X deliveries by the end of Q3, beginning of Q4" or "No, we're behind" would be a great goodwill gesture.
I completely agree, there is a ramp of production, but not a great one. The Lordstown Ultium Plant is on a 20% more capacity ramp per quarter starting now so that should improve deliveries. Factory Zero should be able to start building complete battery packs with the increase in cell production. The Registration data is interesting to me as this is coming from the State systems not sales of the OEMs.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
You are reading way to much into very limited and inaccurate data. Your analysis is not worth the words you used.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You are reading way to much into very limited and inaccurate data. Your analysis is not worth the words you used.
Cool.

Then let's look from another angle. The factory foreman isn't just going to clap their hands one day and say "alright, time to make the 3X" without there first being contact with the 3X reservation holders and their dealers to pick colors, options, etc...which you can't do without a dealer ordering guide, which doesn't exist yet and typically become available weeks or months before orders are even open. Once they have that, the logistics of getting drivetrains, paint, options, wheels, etc. all lined up for production since you aren't just building every vehicle to an identical spec gets finalized. Since they still have Spring Ed1 builds that haven't been completed or even begun demo production, it's a safe assumption we're still 3-6 months from a 3X delivery and that's being optimistic. I'd love to be wrong on all of this but a lack of sales data isn't the only sign their delivery estimates for other trims is optimistic. It also makes sense why we had some rumblings that they'd just keep making Ed1s past the current holders, they want to make them as fast as possible and switching to a build to order instead of a build to spec would just slow them down.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Cool.

Then let's look from another angle. The factory foreman isn't just going to clap their hands one day and say "alright, time to make the 3X" without there first being contact with the 3X reservation holders and their dealers to pick colors, options, etc...which you can't do without a dealer ordering guide, which doesn't exist yet and typically become available weeks or months before orders are even open. Once they have that, the logistics of getting drivetrains, paint, options, wheels, etc. all lined up for production since you aren't just building every vehicle to an identical spec gets finalized. Since they still have Spring Ed1 builds that haven't been completed or even begun demo production, it's a safe assumption we're still 3-6 months from a 3X delivery and that's being optimistic. I'd love to be wrong on all of this but a lack of sales data isn't the only sign their delivery estimates for other trims is optimistic. It also makes sense why we had some rumblings that they'd just keep making Ed1s past the current holders, they want to make them as fast as possible and switching to a build to order instead of a build to spec would just slow them down.
Wasting more words, just so you know, the ED1 is a 3X with an added option package. This is how they are legally registered, so there is no changeover when they start to build the lesser models (without ED1 package) GM said from Day 1 EV3X will be available starting in the Fall 2022 (which ends Dec 20, 2022) and I would bet my money that you see the first 3X without ED 1 upgrades roll out of the factory around that time, which is ON TIME...

There have been quite a few deliveries in July (mine included, and 6 at my local dealership), and I would guess we are around 600 ED1 delivered now, so that means around 600 to go in the production run, at the 12 a day production rate officially announced in June, that means they need 50 production days to finish the initial ED1's, which works out to around the end of Q3.

·
Registered
100 Posts
and I would bet my money that you see the first 3X without ED 1 upgrades roll out of the factory around that time, which is ON TIME...
I hope I'm horribly wrong with too much time on my hands to write lengthy forum posts as well.
I also have way too much time on my hands and am just anxiously waiting for any kind of updates. I'm hoping with Tom's predictions and Carac's predictions, the 3x reservation holders will be getting an update within the next few months to start picking out packages. I'm sure that GM will kick out a configurator at least a few months ahead.

It seems odd to me that they haven't finalized the configurator/options yet, though. I vaguely remember when the original C8 was announced, a configurator went live almost immediately to drum up some excitement. I'm seeing the new Canyon pushed WAY harder on ads than I am anything related to the Hummer anymore... Hopefully they can throw us a bone and give us SOMETHING new to talk about here soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The one that was bid to $175k but didn't meet reserve on Cars & Bids was VIN 674, which is the highest I've seen. I'm curious what the VINs are on all the trucks sitting in Flint, if they're earlier builds that didn't pass for shipping or ran into logistics problems (unprepared dealers) or VINs in the 700-800+ range waiting on shipment.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The one that was bid to $175k but didn't meet reserve on Cars & Bids was VIN 674, which is the highest I've seen. I'm curious what the VINs are on all the trucks sitting in Flint, if they're earlier builds that didn't pass for shipping or ran into logistics problems (unprepared dealers) or VINs in the 700-800+ range waiting on shipment.
All the HummerEv go to Flint before being shipped to customers, spray in bed liners are done in Flint.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is in the mid 700's and showed up July 26th.

·
Registered
37 Posts
While I'm still waiting for my Spring delivery, I take a daily look at AutoTrader (since many dealers have their inventory pop up on there automatically once the truck is on their way to them) and sort by newly listed across the whole country. There was significant ramp-up towards the end of June into July but it has fallen off a cliff over the last 4 weeks. In mid June there were 54 truck listed (this includes used), by mid July there was 126 listed, with 3-6 new trucks popping up daily and new trucks sitting almost even with used. Currently it is sitting at 90 (only 18 new and 72 used) and there hasn't been a new truck listed for 4 days. The highest vin that I have seen is 924 and that was delivered a couple of weeks ago in IL. My vin is 8xx and my truck was built 6/3 just not delivered yet. The current highest vin listed is 890 and there is also a new one that popped up in CA last week with vin 023.

Not sure any of the vin data really matters other than they are still building trucks but seem to be shipping them at a much lower rate currently. I don't know if this has to do with performing all of the recalls before trucks can get shipped or if it is still more of a logistics issues. Either way a lot of the excitement has worn off since the built email showed up 10 weeks ago. I've given up on talking to the dealer or concierge and will just wait until it shows up. I'm sure all the excitement and anticipation will come rushing back as soon as I get that call.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts