GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX & 2015 Wrangler JKU Hard Rock Rubicon
46 Posts
The Escalade IQ had a sloped backed like a range rover sport, but was still 3 rows. Also had an Escalade IQL with a more traditional squared backend. The XT6 replacement looked like a mini Escalade, bigger than the current XT6 probably because of the Ultium platform. The refreshes to the current XT4 and XT6 look great, essentially getting the same dash as the Lyriq and new front ends. The new ICE Escalade refresh is a big improvement, the new dash screen goes basically from door to door and there is a separate tablet like screen for the climate controls.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
The Escalade IQ had a sloped backed like a range rover sport, but was still 3 rows. Also had an Escalade IQL with a more traditional squared backend. The XT6 replacement looked like a mini Escalade, bigger than the current XT6 probably because of the Ultium platform. The refreshes to the current XT4 and XT6 look great, essentially getting the same dash as the Lyriq and new front ends. The new ICE Escalade refresh is a big improvement, the new dash screen goes basically from door to door and there is a separate tablet like screen for the climate controls.
Great info, thanks...

My thoughts on the screens, and UI/UX of upcoming GM vehicles, I think the BlazerEV, and SilveradoE have the best and most useful setup I have seen so far. The wide screens like Lucid, Lyriq, and Celestiq I find less user friendly (hard to imagine watching a movie, or streaming a video). I hope GM incorporates browsing, and streaming capability in the next gen, as those would be nice while waiting to charge, or just relaxing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great info, thanks...

My thoughts on the screens, and UI/UX of upcoming GM vehicles, I think the BlazerEV, and SilveradoE have the best and most useful setup I have seen so far. The wide screens like Lucid, Lyriq, and Celestiq I find less user friendly (hard to imagine watching a movie, or streaming a video). I hope GM incorporates browsing, and streaming capability in the next gen, as those would be nice while waiting to charge, or just relaxing.
I dunno on the screens, even with the Hummer it is what worries me a bit, the longer narrow screen... not as bad as what our BMW's always had, but more horizontally focused for sure. I really keep navigation on a lot and usually in the direction headed so I like to be able to see more of what is upcoming versus to the left/right... really liked this on our old tesla tall screens or the ones probably in the F150 lightning/mach-e now.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I dunno on the screens, even with the Hummer it is what worries me a bit, the longer narrow screen... not as bad as what our BMW's always had, but more horizontally focused for sure. I really keep navigation on a lot and usually in the direction headed so I like to be able to see more of what is upcoming versus to the left/right... really liked this on our old tesla tall screens or the ones probably in the F150 lightning/mach-e now.
Portrait screens suck for watching movie, Landscape far better, the screen in the Hummer is no good for movies, but the OS does not have streaming capability anyway until later models which will likely get a new screen layout filling in the bezels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GMC is taking the taller tablet looking screens in its designs. The Escalade screen looks like it will have passenger streaming capability. The screens in the XT4 and XT6 need a refresh, and going to the Lyriq set up will look better. Even the Lyriq screens being one continuous screen is an upgrade over the current Escalade screen.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
GMC is taking the taller tablet looking screens in its designs. The Escalade screen looks like it will have passenger streaming capability. The screens in the XT4 and XT6 need a refresh, and going to the Lyriq set up will look better. Even the Lyriq screens being one continuous screen is an upgrade over the current Escalade screen.
Have you seen the Sierra Denali EV yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you seen the Sierra Denali EV yet?
Yea we saw it dealer meetings in May. Looks like an Avalanche remake like the Silverado EV. Looks good, has a lot of great specs. I believe the dash was a tablet style design, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Yea we saw it dealer meetings in May. Looks like an Avalanche remake like the Silverado EV. Looks good, has a lot of great specs. I believe the dash was a tablet style design, if I remember correctly.
I assume the front end on the GMC most striking than the SilveradoE? I was expecting more sharp lines, and less bulldozing effect on the surfaces.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Yea IMO it has better lines and sharper design on the exterior and interior
That is what I am hoping for, like the Specs on the SilveradoE, but the look is a bit too feminine for me. Hope the GMC gets a little power boost too, think 700 hp available at all times (no WOW, or WTF) in the sweet spot for a performance truck. 0-60 around 4 seconds flat should be a goal.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
The Acadia and Terrain redesign looks a lot better and the screens make sense in those cabins, plus the Acadia is going back to its previous size. If you like the landscape screen, Buick will have them and I believe Chevy will too
Cool, I am excited for the new Buicks, Electra X is a better looking Model Y, which is exactly what Buick needs ASAP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts