GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
Move along, we don't want it devolving into a tit-for-tat. ;)
Agreed...let's keep it as clean as can be hoped for in an online forum lol. I took Dark's comment as tongue in cheek to make a point. And I do understand Steve's frustration. Tough issue to have so early on.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
GM recommended the dealership replace the FOBs, which are on a 2-week backorder. I'm skeptical that replacing the FOBs will resolve the issue; the truck has 2K miles and one of the FOBs was never used. Does GM even have a clue?

· Registered
40 Posts
GM recommended the dealership replace the FOBs, which are on a 2-week backorder. I'm skeptical that replacing the FOBs will resolve the issue; the truck has 2K miles and one of the FOBs was never used. Does GM even have a clue?
I could see if one fob was faulty but having both not work, that’s not going to be the fobs.

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,696 Posts
It's the least expensive option done first. One requires a Module replacement, and that can take longer.

They probably want new Fobs because they want Fobs that haven't been programmed yet to the vehicle. If the Fobs can't be programmed to the vehicle then something is going on.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It's the least expensive option done first. One requires a Module replacement, and that can take longer.

They probably want new Fobs because they want Fobs that haven't been programmed yet to the vehicle. If the Fobs can't be programmed to the vehicle then something is going on.
Exactly, and I fully expect that when they discover the fob replacement doesn't work the receiver module will be back ordered :-(

41 - 48 of 48 Posts