GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
Let us know what the issue ends up being, OP. Site activity in the areas of potential owner issue threads are highly trafficked right now, and very useful.

As far as the HEV being a lemon goes...lol, come on now. Every first year model has issues. And I would expect the vehicle with the fastest design and production track in the history of the American auto industry to not be exempt from that. They'll iron out the quirks, later model year owners will just be more fortunate.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Let us know what the issue ends up being, OP. Site activity in the areas of potential owner issue threads are highly trafficked right now, and very useful.

As far as the HEV being a lemon goes...lol, come on now. Every first year model has issues. And I would expect the vehicle with the fastest design and production track in the history of the American auto industry to not be exempt from that. They'll iron out the quirks, later model year owners will just be more fortunate.
WIll do! Like I said, I expected issues, but nothing that would leave the vehicle 100% inoperable. This current issue wouldn't even permit putting the truck in N for towing. It had to be put on skates to tow!

· Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
900 Posts
WIll do! Like I said, I expected issues, but nothing that would leave the vehicle 100% inoperable. This current issue wouldn't even permit putting the truck in N for towing. It had to be put on skates to tow!
My Mach E has been at the dealer now for 6 weeks, completely bricked. But it was due to rodent damage, had to wait on an insurance estimate ($6.5K), and now waiting on parts. One of the damaged harnesses is above the battery, so it has to be dropped to fix the car. Also because the computers were without power, it could not be put into neutral and had to be put on dollies to get towed.

· Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
176 Posts

That doesn’t make it OK to accept

· Administrator
Lincoln MKZ AWD, Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
757 Posts
I wouldn’t except the amount of issues piling up on a $110,000 vehicle. I have 2009 hummer h3 with 172,000 miles and all I replaced since purchased new was a thermostat, tires, brakes, battery and fan belt.
That's like comparing an old Nokia to an IPhone 14. Two totally different things. Consider:

• The Hummer EV was developed in 22 months (fastest of any American car ever) and is in its first model year. Your H3 was in its fourth model year, riding on a platform that was 6 years old, and nowhere near as complex.
  • The most expensive cars in the world are the most prone to early model year issues by default exactly because they're so much more complex.
  • But even so, you don't have to accept these early issues on a $110,000 vehicle. That's totally understandable. It just means you shouldn't be buying one this early in production.

I would love to sit here and bash GM for having teething issues on the Hummers, but it's 100% expected so I don't. Same reason why I don't own one yet. I've chosen to wait and get one after they've ironed everything out.

· Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
176 Posts
That's like comparing an old Nokia to an IPhone 14. Two totally different things. Consider:

• The Hummer EV was developed in 22 months (fastest of any American car ever) and is in its first model year. Your H3 was in its fourth model year, riding on a platform that was 6 years old, and nowhere near as complex.
  • The most expensive cars in the world are the most prone to early model year issues by default exactly because they're so much more complex.
  • But even so, you don't have to accept these early issues on a $110,000 vehicle. That's totally understandable. It just means you shouldn't be buying one this early in production.

I would love to sit here and bash GM for having teething issues on the Hummers, but it's 100% expected so I don't. Same reason why I don't own one yet. I've chosen to wait and get one after they've ironed everything out.
I have owned GM products since 1982. I retired from GM. I have never witnessed a vehicle with this many issues. If it wasn’t ready for production then they should have waited rather than releasing an ill design vehicle.

· Registered
C7 Corvette, H3X Hummer
176 Posts

The public aren’t Guinea pigs. Shame on GM for sticking the public with a design that was not fully vetted.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
I have owned GM products since 1982. I retired from GM. I have never witnessed a vehicle with this many issues. If it wasn’t ready for production then they should have waited rather than releasing an ill design vehicle.
My Cruze has had way more issues than my Hummer did, but then again, I didn't own the Hummer for very long.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts