Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
771 Posts
Hmm these vehicles were assigned "Demo Vehicle."

Sounds like warranty refurbished batteries, put in 2021 vehicles then sent out for testing/demo fleets and now on sale.

Anything to sell vehicles in this crazy market, even putting old cells in new packs to make up for demand. yeesh...

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have two 2020 Bolt's for my Employees to drive. I guess it's time to get in line for new batteries. Neither of them put very many miles on them & have survived the reduced range settings for safety.
I have to be honest, neither of my employees were happy when I let them know about our "green" vehicle program & both suffered from range anxiety when they got them last winter. By the spring, they were squeaking a little less. For their daily routine of less than 50 miles, it has been great for everyone involved, expect for Big Oil.
My Ram 3500 Dually & Porsche Cayenne Turbo are my offsets to appease Big Oil :).

Jeff

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have two 2020 Bolt's for my Employees to drive. I guess it's time to get in line for new batteries. Neither of them put very many miles on them & have survived the reduced range settings for safety.
I have to be honest, neither of my employees were happy when I let them know about our "green" vehicle program & both suffered from range anxiety when they got them last winter. By the spring, they were squeaking a little less. For their daily routine of less than 50 miles, it has been great for everyone involved, expect for Big Oil.
My Ram 3500 Dually & Porsche Cayenne Turbo are my offsets to appease Big Oil :).

Jeff
2020-2022 will be last in line for the replacements, but supposed to get a software update restoring performance in the mean time... They are really focused on 2019 first, then 2017 to 2019.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
469 Posts
2020-2022 will be last in line for the replacements, but supposed to get a software update restoring performance in the mean time... They are really focused on 2019 first, then 2017 to 2019.
Here is a nice summary from the Bolt forums, showing the progress of replacements:

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

FYI the dealer installed the wrong software update in my car and it only charged to 80%. Hopefully that will be fixed this morning. People who are not eligible for batteries yet are getting an interim software update with new diagnostics and 80% limit, so they can charge overnight and keep it in a garage.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
469 Posts
Nice, keep us in the loop...
Got the car back today, they had an incorrect software installed and it cut off charging at 80%. Got it back with the correct software and 100% charged. The GOM (guess-o-meter) is quite confused right now and has to relearn the new battery. Got the car and it only showed 170 miles of range, have run it down 25% and it still shows about 170. It also thinks I am much more efficient now, 6.6 mile/kWh, take that Elon (lol).

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
771 Posts
Got the car back today, they had an incorrect software installed and it cut off charging at 80%. Got it back with the correct software and 100% charged. The GOM (guess-o-meter) is quite confused right now and has to relearn the new battery. Got the car and it only showed 170 miles of range, have run it down 25% and it still shows about 170. It also thinks I am much more efficient now, 6.6 mile/kWh, take that Elon (lol).
Yeah the GOM will take a few driving cycles to sort itself out.
6.6 miles/kWh hah it's optimistic.

I did manage to hit 6.9 Miles/kWh once in my 2017 Volt lol

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty cool, like a new car now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.