GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
It’s a 2018 with 35k miles that I’ll be driving for a year or so until my Hummer comes. Not all that worried about it.
mill be trading in or selling a January built 2022 model s for the hummer likely. It’s a great car overall but the ground clearance sucks and not impressed with build quality still. The ventless Vents kinda annoy me lately too. But man it sure is efficient overall and is saving us on gas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
mill be trading in or selling a January built 2022 model s for the hummer likely. It’s a great car overall but the ground clearance sucks and not impressed with build quality still. The ventless Vents kinda annoy me lately too. But man it sure is efficient overall and is saving us on gas.
Yea I intend to use it primarily for commuting to work, which is about 320 miles a week on average. By my estimate I could save $400 per month on my commute. There are other cars that I’d prefer (including a new Model S) but supply sucks and waiting until winter 2023 for a custom order doesn’t make sense if my Hummer is built in 2023.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea I intend to use it primarily for commuting to work, which is about 320 miles a week on average. By my estimate I could save $400 per month on my commute. There are other cars that I’d prefer (including a new Model S) but supply sucks and waiting until winter 2023 for a custom order doesn’t make sense if my Hummer is built in 2023.
Nice. I'll trade ya my 2022 white Model S for the Hummer ;-). Plan on selling it hehe when comes in. Hehehe.

The MS is great, so efficient, fast, etc, and build is pretty decent. The main thing we have issues with is for us we live in a bit of a rural area, lots of steep drives, etc, and we'd like to be able to safely drive off on our land more, dirt roads, etc. which the MS isn't good at - it has very low ground clearance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice. I'll trade ya my 2022 white Model S for the Hummer ;-). Plan on selling it hehe when comes in. Hehehe.

The MS is great, so efficient, fast, etc, and build is pretty decent. The main thing we have issues with is for us we live in a bit of a rural area, lots of steep drives, etc, and we'd like to be able to safely drive off on our land more, dirt roads, etc. which the MS isn't good at - it has very low ground clearance.
Haha appreciate the offer but one thing I can say with certainty is that I will not be selling my Hummer when I do ultimately get it.

re MS ground clearance, I can definitely see how that could be an issue in a rural area but I’m in the burbs so it’s luckily not an issue for me. Plus we have a Tahoe for anything that requires us to go off road. That will be our resident gas guzzler.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Haha appreciate the offer but one thing I can say with certainty is that I will not be selling my Hummer when I do ultimately get it.

re MS ground clearance, I can definitely see how that could be an issue in a rural area but I’m in the burbs so it’s luckily not an issue for me. Plus we have a Tahoe for anything that requires us to go off road. That will be our resident gas guzzler.
If you just want a temporary car and then going to resell, get a Model Y, more efficient and useful than a Model S, also cheaper, and when you re-sell or trade in on the Hummer value will not change much (like a free rental). Model S costs twice Model Y to insure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Welcome to the forum @rockymntcustomhome and congrats! If you don't mind me asking how come you want to sell your Hummer?

Cars and Bids along with Bring a Trailer would be good places to start looking. They tend to get good prices on cars/trucks.
Didn’t think I’d ever see it. Bought a second home last year and then they called late December and told me to come in and do final order. Then I finally got it. So makes since to sell it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Didn’t think I’d ever see it. Bought a second home last year and then they called late December and told me to come in and do final order. Then I finally got it. So makes since to sell it.
Congrats on taking delivery!
I’m also in Colorado, I’d kill for a short ride along before you sell if you’re interested!
I’ve seen one in person, but haven’t sat in one yet.
So how about that test drive / ride along? I'm dying to see the inside of one! :)

Looks like another Coloradoan has one for sale in Golden. Good luck to you on the sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The truck is amazing and technology is crazy.
I was lucky and got number 52.
I have decided to sell it. Does anyone know a good website or advertising location to help with the sale? Or anyone that is interested in buying?

I got the illumination package and the sky panel storage for the Etrunk.
Only 150 miles.
View attachment 2258
View attachment 2263
View attachment 2262
View attachment 2260
View attachment 2261
View attachment 2259
Are you still wanting to sell? Let me know the number. I am a GMC dealer in Kansas City.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts