GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
But if dealers are seeing what these are actually selling for on the market that takes it past speculation. Now there is hard evidence of what an inflated market value they hold. It's pisses buyers off because they are now the ones who can't make the money, that's really what it boils down to. The crappy part about this is should I flip my Hummer I will lose my job and not from the family who owns the dealership, but I would be in violation of the new car franchise agreement. I also would not be able to work at another GM store. So while it sounds great about doing whatever I want with my Hummer that really isn't the case. We are lumped into the dealership model and I cannot benefit as an outside buyer would.

As far as marking cars up that are passing through, since yes we are a middle man, it's hard for me to see both sides. I've been delivering a brand new ordered 2021 Sport Escalade with an MSRP of $96,615 sell for exactly that as we don't charge over MSRP, while we are simultaneously selling a Certified Pre Owned 2021 Sport Escalade listed for $109,000 because that's what the books showed the value to be. That Preowned Escalade stickered for around $97,000 originally. We bought it from a guy off the street and gave him over his original sticker price while still selling it for profit on our end. So it's fine when it's used because used car prices are subject to market fluctuations, but if we had sold that new Escalade in the same day for over MSRP we are greedy and destroying GM. The person buying the preowned one knew what the market value was and what the original MSRP was yet he still wanted it and still paid for it. Now we removed the dealer selling vs an individual selling as we sold both of them. Is it still bad on our end we sold a vehicle for actual market value, but used and not new.
Think we're agreeing here, but to me there's a big difference between marking up an allocation of the dealership's vs. marking up a customer's reservation/allocation (e.g., Hummer, Lightning, Bronco, Chevy Silverado EV, etc.). If the dealership orders the car and has it on the lot, markups make sense and I have the ability to shop around for the lowest overall price. That said, I assume no one (or almost no one) knew in the 30 seconds they had to think about which GMC dealer to use for their reservation whether they'd be subject to an ADM almost two years later or not (same thing with Broncos and Lightnings), and the dealer played no part in our sitting in front of the computer at the right time mashing the refresh button until our reservations went through.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would rather just say F the dealer and have GM deliver the car right to my house, Did it with Tesla, stress free and a good car buying experience.
There are certainly lessons to be learned from the Tesla model. Although both of our Teslas have required weeks of post-delivery repairs so they're also not perfect and their crazy variable pricing is also not a great model.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ya, Tesla QC needs work, but that has nothing to do with the sales and delivery model. Rivian's get delivered in pretty good shape, far less quality issues than early tesla's
Our latest X was ordered in Feb. 21 and finally delivered December 30 with no contact or updates between those two points (and original ETA of April). And it was delivered with sticky "sign here" tabs where they knew things were messed up (scratched trim, thin paint) and then I had to reach out to have those issues corrected, waiting 1.5 months for their next available appt. That said, it's not necessarily worse than our most recent Ford which arrived with chipped paint on 3 of the 4 doors (and one tiny dent) and a scratched wheel. Wheel trim is being replaced and the best they have for me is touch up paint for the doors...
Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts