GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@travwill @d0wnshift @Macadoo

What's with the angry reactions?? Is he not allowed to sell something that is rightfully his?

I've been moderating this place for a long time, and I still can't wrap my mind around getting angry over a Hummer EV owner selling the truck. More power to him.
I just feel like these posts embolden dealers to push for markups. $100 reservations are turning into lottery tickets and the dealers must question the process. I actually wish GM enforced a 6 month right of first refusal for the Hummer, as it would significantly cut down on speculators and order conversions resulting in more deliveries to those further down the reservation list intending to keep it.

Also, this is another one that probably belongs in the classifieds. You really trying to tell me that the seller hasn't heard of Cars and Bids or BaT?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can hold yours... I can sell mine... If GM tries to control what buyers do with their cars, thats when I move on and no longer an investor.

The market controls flipping, when there is more production flipping will lose its value. I already see it happening, the latest one on C & B is struggling to get the price...
I'm a believer in the free market process and supply and demand, but I also believe some restrictions on early deliveries would improve the dealership experience. I know that you agree that the dealership model is broken on high demand vehicles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m not angry at the OP, but I’m frustrated with GMs process and believe there is a better way, along with many other forum members. Angry wasn’t really the right reaction, but frustrated is not an option. I also suggested this should be in the classified section and see it has now been moved. I made a credible offer but haven’t heard back.;)

I should add that lots of good and interesting discussion came out of the post, so that a positive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts