GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
@travwill @d0wnshift @Macadoo

What's with the angry reactions?? Is he not allowed to sell something that is rightfully his?

I've been moderating this place for a long time, and I still can't wrap my mind around getting angry over a Hummer EV owner selling the truck. More power to him.
hehe not a bad thing and totally agree, you can take delivery and sell the next day, more power to ya for the $.

BUT we can be a little peeves having to wait and watch for ours that am looking to keep hehehe.

best luck with sell though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You are making a good point, perhaps GM should raise the MSRP to market value, and make the profit themselves since they actually add value to the vehicle? Sounds to me like GM is leaving money on the table, and dealers trying to get that profit themselves as a middle man... To be honest it comes down to whether I think dealers add value, no I don't... I think if the manufacture just sold me the car online and it it showed up at my house, I would completely cut out the middleman. (just like Tesla and Rivian) Service could be a separate business, and is all paid anyway, whether it is GM paying the customer.
If they raised the MSRP to the current market value, that is based on a tiny little amount of produced trucks, it wouldn't be an accurate price to keep very long. They would definitely get a bad rap and they would shrink their addressable sales market to sale to into just a small % of the current population that has reservations. They are better off selling in volume than selling a small amount to the very rich (by standards that can afford the EV1).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do not understand @travwill and his frustration, if the people in front of him in line sell their Hummers, that does not change his place in line or when he gets his truck, right? Its not like GM is saying let's hold back @travwill truck while these other people flip theirs. GM is building and moving out the trucks as fast as they can, if you are frustrated it should be with GM's website that was crashing when orders were placed, and therefore manipulating the order of which reservations were taken, that was truly frustrating. Or you could be frustrated that GM opened up orders for some VIP's before the public was allowed to order, but sorry fellow, that is life on any product. VIP's always get benefits.

I feel bad being so harsh on dealers because I think @BigJonEV works for one of the good ones that does business in a fair manner, and likely does offer some value to the customer, but generally dealers are not that way, and when people wander to their local dealer to buy a car, they get ripped off one way or another. I think direct sales is a better way to go for a multitude reasons, and eventually the legacy companies will have to come around on this, or dealership franchise contracts will have to be updated with better language around sales and pricing. Dealerships can make good money selling EV's but they have to change their operations as well, one price, no negotiation, no sales manger/salesman back and forth, here is the price, take it or leave it.
More of a view of these buyers are getting to skip in line ahead of us versus wait their turn of a different model, just because they slip someone in line more $$$ to get out of line and take their place. That analogy help ya? Yes that is frustrating, but its a free market.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s a 2018 with 35k miles that I’ll be driving for a year or so until my Hummer comes. Not all that worried about it.
mill be trading in or selling a January built 2022 model s for the hummer likely. It’s a great car overall but the ground clearance sucks and not impressed with build quality still. The ventless Vents kinda annoy me lately too. But man it sure is efficient overall and is saving us on gas.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea I intend to use it primarily for commuting to work, which is about 320 miles a week on average. By my estimate I could save $400 per month on my commute. There are other cars that I’d prefer (including a new Model S) but supply sucks and waiting until winter 2023 for a custom order doesn’t make sense if my Hummer is built in 2023.
Nice. I'll trade ya my 2022 white Model S for the Hummer ;-). Plan on selling it hehe when comes in. Hehehe.

The MS is great, so efficient, fast, etc, and build is pretty decent. The main thing we have issues with is for us we live in a bit of a rural area, lots of steep drives, etc, and we'd like to be able to safely drive off on our land more, dirt roads, etc. which the MS isn't good at - it has very low ground clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts