GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
697 Posts
@travwill @d0wnshift @Macadoo

What's with the angry reactions?? Is he not allowed to sell something that is rightfully his?

I've been moderating this place for a long time, and I still can't wrap my mind around getting angry over a Hummer EV owner selling the truck. More power to him.

·
Administrator
697 Posts
hehe not a bad thing and totally agree, you can take delivery and sell the next day, more power to ya for the $.

BUT we can be a little peeves having to wait and watch for ours that am looking to keep hehehe.

best luck with sell though.
Fair enough lol, I get that feeling 100%.

I just feel like these posts embolden dealers to push for markups. $100 reservations are turning into lottery tickets and the dealers must question the process. I actually wish GM enforced a 6 month right of first refusal for the Hummer, as it would significantly cut down on speculators and order conversions resulting in more deliveries to those further down the reservation list intending to keep it.

Also, this is another one that probably belongs in the classifieds. You really trying to tell me that the seller hasn't heard of Cars and Bids or BaT?
I don't agree with you there. There's going to be those dealerships that see the anger towards the markups, and they'll sell for MSRP, or right around there. And they'll sell way more of them then most of the dealers with the crazy mark ups. Will some dealers get away with $260k Hummers because someone wealthy enough to afford that sees the ad? Sure, but that's how the free market goes. But if you think that a post on a forum is the thing that will be the catalyst for dealers marking up Hummers...you're sadly mistaken.

Also, there's no issue with someone trying to sell their Hummer here, happens on every car forum known to man. Frankly, I appreciate them coming here first, it offers some validity to us that we're the only game in town (or online, but I digress) when it comes to all-things Hummer EV info, questions and community. You buy a Hummer, you come here. We've actually been recommended by the team that built the truck to prospective owners. And if they want to sell their car here, then sell away, my friend.

I get the frustration totally, but getting angry at someone selling their Hummer right after delivery doesn't solve anything, or change anything for that matter. Better off to accept that this is what happens today with white-hot automotive products.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts