GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is amazing and technology is crazy.
I was lucky and got number 52.
I have decided to sell it. Does anyone know a good website or advertising location to help with the sale? Or anyone that is interested in buying?

I got the illumination package and the sky panel storage for the Etrunk.
Only 150 miles.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I have decided to sell it. Does anyone know a good website or advertising location to help with the sale? Or anyone that is interested in buying?

Only 150 miles.
View attachment 2258
View attachment 2263
View attachment 2262
View attachment 2260
View attachment 2261
View attachment 2259
Cars and Bids seems to do well selling them. Sold 3 of them last month for $230-261K

·
Registered
650 Posts

Only 150 miles.
View attachment 2258
View attachment 2263
View attachment 2262
View attachment 2260
View attachment 2261
View attachment 2259
Welcome to the forum @rockymntcustomhome and congrats! If you don't mind me asking how come you want to sell your Hummer?

Cars and Bids along with Bring a Trailer would be good places to start looking. They tend to get good prices on cars/trucks.

·
Administrator
707 Posts
@travwill @d0wnshift @Macadoo

What's with the angry reactions?? Is he not allowed to sell something that is rightfully his?

I've been moderating this place for a long time, and I still can't wrap my mind around getting angry over a Hummer EV owner selling the truck. More power to him.

·
Registered
178 Posts

What's with the angry reactions?? Is he not allowed to sell something that is rightfully his?

I've been moderating this place for a long time, and I still can't wrap my mind around getting angry over a Hummer EV owner selling the truck. More power to him.
hehe not a bad thing and totally agree, you can take delivery and sell the next day, more power to ya for the $.

BUT we can be a little peeves having to wait and watch for ours that am looking to keep hehehe.

best luck with sell though.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I just feel like these posts embolden dealers to push for markups. $100 reservations are turning into lottery tickets and the dealers must question the process. I actually wish GM enforced a 6 month right of first refusal for the Hummer, as it would significantly cut down on speculators and order conversions resulting in more deliveries to those further down the reservation list intending to keep it.

Also, this is another one that probably belongs in the classifieds. You really trying to tell me that the seller hasn't heard of Cars and Bids or BaT?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I just feel like these posts embolden dealers to push for markups. $100 reservations are turning into lottery tickets and the dealers must question the process. I actually wish GM enforced a 6 month right of first refusal for the Hummer, as it would significantly cut down on speculators and order conversions resulting in more deliveries to those further down the reservation list intending to keep it.

Also, this is another one that probably belongs in the classifieds. You really trying to tell me that the seller hasn't heard of Cars and Bids or BaT?
You can hold yours... I can sell mine... If GM tries to control what buyers do with their cars, thats when I move on and no longer an investor.

The market controls flipping, when there is more production flipping will lose its value. I already see it happening, the latest one on C & B is struggling to get the price...

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can hold yours... I can sell mine... If GM tries to control what buyers do with their cars, thats when I move on and no longer an investor.

The market controls flipping, when there is more production flipping will lose its value. I already see it happening, the latest one on C & B is struggling to get the price...
I'm a believer in the free market process and supply and demand, but I also believe some restrictions on early deliveries would improve the dealership experience. I know that you agree that the dealership model is broken on high demand vehicles.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'm a believer in the free market process and supply and demand, but I also believe some restrictions on early deliveries would improve the dealership experience. I know that you agree that the dealership model is broken on high demand vehicles.
I do not like Dealers because they are greedy, they try to get buyers on the price, lowball their trade, rip them on financing, and then try to sell them overpriced services they do not need.

I am all about a free market, when you add rules there is always abuses or odd situations, so it becomes arbitrary. Tesla has the best plan, everyone pays the same...

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I do not like Dealers because they are greedy, they try to get buyers on the price, lowball their trade, rip them on financing, and then try to sell them overpriced services they do not need.

I am all about a free market, when you add rules there is always abuses or odd situations, so it becomes arbitrary. Tesla has the best plan, everyone pays the same...
I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second, just on price, as there are dealers that do exactly what you are saying on financing and service contracts which I don't agree with. The Hummers are too new right now to show a book value so let's go off of what we have seen. They are averaging about $240,000 right now Retail price. A value is a value no matter who is selling it. There is trade value and retail value. MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price which isn't bound by GM and what the dealers have to sell a vehicle for.

So if the average Retail price of a Hummer right now is $240,000 why can Person A sell it down the street at auction making a profit and is applauded. Yet when a dealer goes by Retail pricing they are scorned to the bottom of the earth. Can it not be considered greedy ordering a car with the intention to drive it and enjoy it only to sell it for a quick buck? I can only imagine the words Al Oppenheiser is using after we were begging him for info just to see what he spent so much time engineering be endlessly flipped. I'm all for making money that's why I enjoy sales, but greed is greed to me in this situation.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second, just on price, as there are dealers that do exactly what you are saying on financing and service contracts which I don't agree with. The Hummers are too new right now to show a book value so let's go off of what we have seen. They are averaging about $240,000 right now Retail price. A value is a value no matter who is selling it. There is trade value and retail value. MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price which isn't bound by GM and what the dealers have to sell a vehicle for.

So if the average Retail price of a Hummer right now is $240,000 why can Person A sell it down the street at auction making a profit and is applauded. Yet when a dealer goes by Retail pricing they are scorned to the bottom of the earth. Can it not be considered greedy ordering a car with the intention to drive it and enjoy it only to sell it for a quick buck? I can only imagine the words Al Oppenheiser is using after we were begging him for info just to see what he spent so much time engineering be endlessly flipped. I'm all for making money that's why I enjoy sales, but greed is greed to me in this situation.
I could go on and on on this, A dealer is a middleman that transfers the vehicle from seller (manufacture) to buyer. The dealer is not the manufacture, or engineer, they are simply a middleman with very little risk or exposure. Dealers who think they are speculators, and therefore want to make the vehicles up, are pissing off buyers, and many will leave the brand, therefore these dealers are damaging the manufacturer for taking these actions. Now, the dealers and their employees can speculate and try to sign up to get cars themselves on release , I have no problem with that, and then they can like me do whatever they want with it. But for selling new cars I do not think markups are a good idea, they will force the manufactures to change their sales channels.

On the greed issue, I have no problem if you as a salesman flip your car you reserved, same if you owned the dealership, but for the dealer to mark up cars that are just passing through, again, it's damaging to the brand and manufacture. Think of it like Rivian, they tried to raise prices on their reservation holders because of increased cost, and it went over like a lead ball in the water... Now Rivian is the manufacture, and was just trying to cover their cost, and their reservation page said right on it "ESTIMATED PRICE", they were not being greedy, they just wanted to recover their inflated cost. They quickly thought about it, and decided the damage to the brand is not worth the $$ they would gain by the higher prices, and went back to their old prices. Rivian said yesterday on their earnings call, even at the new prices they are getting orders at a higher rate than they are producing, so their backlog is growing. Also, not sure if you notices GM and Ford got double downgrades today on battery cost inflation.

I think eventually GM is going to have to take more steps to force dealers to change their habits, or they will have to set up their own alternative sales channels in states that allow it.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
But if dealers are seeing what these are actually selling for on the market that takes it past speculation. Now there is hard evidence of what an inflated market value they hold. It's pisses buyers off because they are now the ones who can't make the money, that's really what it boils down to. The crappy part about this is should I flip my Hummer I will lose my job and not from the family who owns the dealership, but I would be in violation of the new car franchise agreement. I also would not be able to work at another GM store. So while it sounds great about doing whatever I want with my Hummer that really isn't the case. We are lumped into the dealership model and I cannot benefit as an outside buyer would.

As far as marking cars up that are passing through, since yes we are a middle man, it's hard for me to see both sides. I've been delivering a brand new ordered 2021 Sport Escalade with an MSRP of $96,615 sell for exactly that as we don't charge over MSRP, while we are simultaneously selling a Certified Pre Owned 2021 Sport Escalade listed for $109,000 because that's what the books showed the value to be. That Preowned Escalade stickered for around $97,000 originally. We bought it from a guy off the street and gave him over his original sticker price while still selling it for profit on our end. So it's fine when it's used because used car prices are subject to market fluctuations, but if we had sold that new Escalade in the same day for over MSRP we are greedy and destroying GM. The person buying the preowned one knew what the market value was and what the original MSRP was yet he still wanted it and still paid for it. Now we removed the dealer selling vs an individual selling as we sold both of them. Is it still bad on our end we sold a vehicle for actual market value, but used and not new.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
But if dealers are seeing what these are actually selling for on the market that takes it past speculation. Now there is hard evidence of what an inflated market value they hold. It's pisses buyers off because they are now the ones who can't make the money, that's really what it boils down to. The crappy part about this is should I flip my Hummer I will lose my job and not from the family who owns the dealership, but I would be in violation of the new car franchise agreement. I also would not be able to work at another GM store. So while it sounds great about doing whatever I want with my Hummer that really isn't the case. We are lumped into the dealership model and I cannot benefit as an outside buyer would.

As far as marking cars up that are passing through, since yes we are a middle man, it's hard for me to see both sides. I've been delivering a brand new ordered 2021 Sport Escalade with an MSRP of $96,615 sell for exactly that as we don't charge over MSRP, while we are simultaneously selling a Certified Pre Owned 2021 Sport Escalade listed for $109,000 because that's what the books showed the value to be. That Preowned Escalade stickered for around $97,000 originally. We bought it from a guy off the street and gave him over his original sticker price while still selling it for profit on our end. So it's fine when it's used because used car prices are subject to market fluctuations, but if we had sold that new Escalade in the same day for over MSRP we are greedy and destroying GM. The person buying the preowned one knew what the market value was and what the original MSRP was yet he still wanted it and still paid for it. Now we removed the dealer selling vs an individual selling as we sold both of them. Is it still bad on our end we sold a vehicle for actual market value, but used and not new.
You are making a good point, perhaps GM should raise the MSRP to market value, and make the profit themselves since they actually add value to the vehicle? Sounds to me like GM is leaving money on the table, and dealers trying to get that profit themselves as a middle man... To be honest it comes down to whether I think dealers add value, no I don't... I think if the manufacture just sold me the car online and it it showed up at my house, I would completely cut out the middleman. (just like Tesla and Rivian) Service could be a separate business, and is all paid anyway, whether it is GM paying the customer.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Think we're agreeing here, but to me there's a big difference between marking up an allocation of the dealership's vs. marking up a customer's reservation/allocation (e.g., Hummer, Lightning, Bronco, Chevy Silverado EV, etc.). If the dealership orders the car and has it on the lot, markups make sense and I have the ability to shop around for the lowest overall price. That said, I assume no one (or almost no one) knew in the 30 seconds they had to think about which GMC dealer to use for their reservation whether they'd be subject to an ADM almost two years later or not (same thing with Broncos and Lightnings), and the dealer played no part in our sitting in front of the computer at the right time mashing the refresh button until our reservations went through.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Think we're agreeing here, but to me there's a big difference between marking up an allocation of the dealership's vs. marking up a customer's reservation/allocation (e.g., Hummer, Lightning, Bronco, Chevy Silverado EV, etc.). If the dealership orders the car and has it on the lot, markups make sense and I have the ability to shop around for the lowest overall price. That said, I assume no one (or almost no one) knew in the 30 seconds they had to think about which GMC dealer to use for their reservation whether they'd be subject to an ADM almost two years later or not (same thing with Broncos and Lightnings), and the dealer played no part in our sitting in front of the computer at the right time mashing the refresh button until our reservations went through.
I would rather just say F the dealer and have GM deliver the car right to my house, Did it with Tesla, stress free and a good car buying experience.

One of my Buddies got his Rivian R1T yesterday, said the delivery experience is awesome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You are making a good point, perhaps GM should raise the MSRP to market value, and make the profit themselves since they actually add value to the vehicle? Sounds to me like GM is leaving money on the table, and dealers trying to get that profit themselves as a middle man... To be honest it comes down to whether I think dealers add value, no I don't... I think if the manufacture just sold me the car online and it it showed up at my house, I would completely cut out the middleman. (just like Tesla and Rivian) Service could be a separate business, and is all paid anyway, whether it is GM paying the customer.
If they raised the MSRP to the current market value, that is based on a tiny little amount of produced trucks, it wouldn't be an accurate price to keep very long. They would definitely get a bad rap and they would shrink their addressable sales market to sale to into just a small % of the current population that has reservations. They are better off selling in volume than selling a small amount to the very rich (by standards that can afford the EV1).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would rather just say F the dealer and have GM deliver the car right to my house, Did it with Tesla, stress free and a good car buying experience.
There are certainly lessons to be learned from the Tesla model. Although both of our Teslas have required weeks of post-delivery repairs so they're also not perfect and their crazy variable pricing is also not a great model.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts