GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
The hype train is quickly waning for me wanting my Ed 1 SUV. When reserving i would have realistically expected summer 2023 now i'm thinking not until sometime in 2024. Again, all guesses at this point due to GM's lack of communication. Also, the lack of news on the SUV is disturbing as well. No updates about testing, mileage numbers, anything. Absolute crickets.
I actually think SUV ED1 reservation holders are in the best position right now. GM should be more prepared to start building them in larger numbers thanks to having gone through the process with the pick up already. I’d hope quality is better too. I think it’s realistic that they build all SUV Ed1’s in the first two quarters. Deliveries are the wild card though with a lot of SUTs still sitting on lots.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have had a reservation since 10/20/20 for a 3X with Edition 1 wait list and have had no correspondence other than when I changed the dealer assignment in May. Yesterday I got a rather generic letter from the salesman at my dealership about 3x prduction starting now and spring deliveries.
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Document Number

· Registered
30 Posts
In all honesty with all the problems I hear and read about with build quality, fit and finish, software issues, accessories failing and the stop sale issues and seeing Hummers at service department frequently I really wonder if it is wise to proceed with the purchase of this vehicle. When you add all the problems and deficiencies with the charging networks that exist and concerns with battery packs and fires its really hard to decide if it is time yet to go electric just yet. In south FL many condominiums do not allow residents to park their electric vehicles in the garages because of fire risks.

Right now it seems like staying in my largely bullet proof Sierra Crew Cab 4 x 4 with hearty 6.2 liter and 10spd makes much more sense.

· Registered
21 Posts
I have had a reservation since 10/20/20 for a 3X with Edition 1 wait list and have had no correspondence other than when I changed the dealer assignment in May. Yesterday I got a rather generic letter from the salesman at my dealership about 3x prduction starting now and spring deliveries.
View attachment 3762
Well according to this email SUV ED1 production
(Slated "Early 2023") is now pushed until mid 2023...

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Unless summer means something else.

· Registered
468 Posts
In all honesty with all the problems I hear and read about with build quality, fit and finish, software issues, accessories failing and the stop sale issues and seeing Hummers at service department frequently I really wonder if it is wise to proceed with the purchase of this vehicle. When you add all the problems and deficiencies with the charging networks that exist and concerns with battery packs and fires its really hard to decide if it is time yet to go electric just yet. In south FL many condominiums do not allow residents to park their electric vehicles in the garages because of fire risks.

Right now it seems like staying in my largely bullet proof Sierra Crew Cab 4 x 4 with hearty 6.2 liter and 10spd makes much more sense.
Fit and finish seem great and even improved. Most issues were worked out fast like leaking ibar design, software for 12v, and those initial Hugh rates of 12v failures. Otherwise, I'd say it's an awesome truck. Build quality is as fine as a good Ford truck and way exceeds Tesla. The head unit running Google is stable but sluggish at times but still really nice in features like nav/music.

· Registered
608 Posts
View attachment 3762
This salesperson seems to be the only person in the entire world with that timeline

· Registered
306 Posts

I’m glad I dumped my Raptor for the Hummer! My HEV Edition 1 has no issues and the build quality is absolutely fine, no complaints.
The ride quality is Excellent, the maneuverability with the 4 wheel steering is Excellent, the whole truck is Cool As Hell!
And I have the matching Bicycle!

What’s better than that!
If only Gibson would make a Hummer EV guitar like they did for the Hummer H2!

Merry Christmas!

· Registered
523 Posts

Do what makes you happy but don’t take the internet as reality. I have 11,000+ miles on mine and the only issue I have had is a very recent roof leak that they have already ordered parts for. The entertainment software is slow sometimes but doesn’t fail. I am not showing any recalls on the GM site so I may not get rolled up in the battery seal issue.

If your truck meets your needs and wants, by all means keep it. I will never encourage overconsumption. Personally. I have went back and forth between Jeeps and trucks my whole and have always sought more HP out of both. Even my 3G Raptor was disappointingly slow. Now, I wake up every morning to 1000 hp and a full charge at about 1/3 the cost you are probably paying for fuel. Also, the four wheel steering gives it a tighter turn radius than my previous Rubicon which makes parking a breeze. With the roof panels stored in the frunk and the back window down, it is like an open top Jeep. I plan on having my Hummer a long time.

· Registered
306 Posts
Do what makes you happy but don’t take the internet as reality. I have 11,000+ miles on mine and the only issue I have had is a very recent roof leak that they have already ordered parts for. The entertainment software is slow sometimes but doesn’t fail. I am not showing any recalls on the GM site so I may not get rolled up in the battery seal issue.

If your truck meets your needs and wants, by all means keep it. I will never encourage overconsumption. Personally. I have went back and forth between Jeeps and trucks my whole and have always sought more HP out of both. Even my 3G Raptor was disappointingly slow. Now, I wake up every morning to 1000 hp and a full charge at about 1/3 the cost you are probably paying for fuel. Also, the four wheel steering gives it a tighter turn radius than mine previous Rubicon which makes parking a breeze. With the roof panels stored in the frunk and the back window down, it is like an open top Jeep. I plan on having my Hummer a long time.
Yeah Baby You Go!!!!!!
1,000 HP Every Day!!!

· Registered
63 Posts
This is the first communication I have had from GMC since my conformation email in May 2022. TBH after the recall/stop sale, seeing a video on Hoovies Garage where water poured thru the roof, 6 month GMC agreement and huge dealer markups, I am not too
interested in buying the vehicle. My passion has been killed by GMC's horrible ordering experience and constant delays. I'm more interested in purchasing a limited edition sports cars since Auto manufacturers are phasing out V8/V10 engines for EVs. I already have a 2020 Ford Raptor Black OPS & I just dont care about the Hummer EV anymore. Prob gonna refuse the allocation when it comes View attachment 3752
end of 2024 for my 3X , oh well

· Registered
468 Posts
Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Never mind it went to my spam folder…late 2024 for me. I reserved a 3X in spring 2022. Wow.
Dealer has my name on the demo edition 1 but we’ll see if/when that ever arrives
I got mine and it says Spring of 2024 and I reserved 10/23/20.... I am OK with that with what we have going on currently... But it is strange that previously we were told 3X would start Fall 2022 and now it's all the way to 2024...

41 - 60 of 70 Posts