GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first communication I have had from GMC since my conformation email in May 2022. TBH after the recall/stop sale, seeing a video on Hoovies Garage where water poured thru the roof, 6 month GMC agreement and huge dealer markups, I am not too
interested in buying the vehicle. My passion has been killed by GMC's horrible ordering experience and constant delays. I'm more interested in purchasing a limited edition sports cars since Auto manufacturers are phasing out V8/V10 engines for EVs. I already have a 2020 Ford Raptor Black OPS & I just dont care about the Hummer EV anymore. Prob gonna refuse the allocation when it comes
Automotive lighting Font Gadget Tire Bumper

· Super Moderator
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,696 Posts
Well that issue Hoovie pointed out was already fixed. Small design flaw with the Seal. New parts are already made for easy swap out for early production model Hummers. Newly produced Hummers don't have that issue.

· Registered
608 Posts
I’m sure some of the kinks will be worked out by then, but I agree with you a bit. A lot of my excitement for the Hummer is gone. I have my name on an Edition 1 and a 3X. I may just keep the reservation so my dealer can get those units but I may just stick with my C8 that’s a ton of fun to drive and sounds great! Not completely giving up yet, but GM has completely blown this launch so I hope they find a way to keep what little excitement I have left from fading away

· Registered
"Spring 2022" (or 2023) ED1 SUT
306 Posts
I’m sure some of the kinks will be worked out by then, but I agree with you a bit. A lot of my excitement for the Hummer is gone. I have my name on an Edition 1 and a 3X. I may just keep the reservation so my dealer can get those units but I may just stick with my C8 that’s a ton of fun to drive and sounds great! Not completely giving up yet, but GM has completely blown this launch so I hope they find a way to keep what little excitement I have left from fading away
Concierge said they'd still be 22MY when I just called, so unfortunately may not have the new updates going in the SUVs, 3Xs, etc. that are 23/24MY (depending on which MY ends up being correct). Definitely a bummer on timing and crazy to get a 22MY in mid-2023.

· Registered
157 Posts
Yikes. If that is the timing for an Ed1 pick-up, what kind of timing delays are we looking at for the SUV? I thought others were being pessimistic in saying it but I'm really starting to think I may be two years out from getting the call. Don't know if I'll hold out that long.

· Registered
3 Posts
Yikes. If that is the timing for an Ed1 pick-up, what kind of timing delays are we looking at for the SUV? I thought others were being pessimistic in saying it but I'm really starting to think I may be two years out from getting the call. Don't know if I'll hold out that long.
Agreed - waiting for my 3x, but going to set my expectations for 2024 at the earliest so that I'm not disappointed...

· Registered
370 Posts
I got a lot of crap months ago for saying GM’s timetable for a ramp up in production was way too optimistic. It’s only gotten worse with the setbacks. I’m even more convinced my Denali ED1 will be built before my Hummer EV. I also think the ED1 SUV is partially why everything’s getting moved back, they’ll make it a priority after ED1 trucks. It’s beginning to look like the only vehicles that are a priority are Edition1s anything else gets backburnered.

· Registered
32 Posts
I just received the same email. I was originally a Summer 22 estimate and now also a Spring 23. I'm very frustrated overall and surprised it would still be MY22. I going through a similar situation with McLaren on their Artura. Ordered an early car which was built in late 21 or early 22 with a MY22 VIN but delays pushed delivery so much, it was somehow finalized as a MY23. I still haven't received that car either due to ongoing delays but at least the communication has been better.

· Registered
306 Posts
I just received the same email. I was originally a Summer 22 estimate and now also a Spring 23. I'm very frustrated overall and surprised it would still be MY22. I going through a similar situation with McLaren on their Artura. Ordered an early car which was built in late 21 or early 22 with a MY22 VIN but delays pushed delivery so much, it was somehow finalized as a MY23. I still haven't received that car either due to ongoing delays but at least the communication has been better.
If they'd give the late ED1s the updates the later models will have, it would make it more bearable. Getting an MY22 in mid-2023 when they've already announced updates (e.g., V2G and higher power inverter) is a tougher sell for me. I get that many of these have already been built/mostly built and are sitting waiting for a fix, but that almost feels like victim blaming at this point.

· Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
The updates like V2G are for MY24 vehicles, not 23. 22/23 model year Edition 1s are already locked spec wise.

· Registered
370 Posts
There's a FB post saying MY23 will be very short, with MY24 beginning in "february(ish)." Not what you're hearing?
View attachment 3754
That's a lot of models to start building all at once when they haven't finished the SUT Ed1s. Didn't someone say they've already started production of the SUV Ed1s, they were just waiting to finish them until after Jan 1st to be able to label them 2024s? Again, this feels unrealistic given the past 3 months. They're going to go from a stop-sale, unable to finish Ed1 SUTs until the end of Q1 2023 to building EV3x SUTs, EV2x SUTs, Ed1 SUVs, and EV3x/2x SUVs in the next 3ish months?

On a timeline chart the past 12 months would be a single line saying "Edition 1 SUT" then between Jan and March 2023 you'd suddenly have 5 other overlapping lines of other models in production.

· Registered
306 Posts
That's a lot of models to start building all at once when they haven't finished the SUT Ed1s. Didn't someone say they've already started production of the SUV Ed1s, they were just waiting to finish them until after Jan 1st to be able to label them 2024s? Again, this feels unrealistic given the past 3 months. They're going to go from a stop-sale, unable to finish Ed1 SUTs until the end of Q1 2023 to building EV3x SUTs, EV2x SUTs, Ed1 SUVs, and EV3x/2x SUVs in the next 3ish months?
The FB post is from July, FWIW...so would have thought if anything things are pushed back farther from the post. That said, no clue as to the veracity of the post even when it was posted/I have no insider insight and seems odd to have a two-month MY23.

· Registered
370 Posts
That makes more sense. I think a conservative bet would be everything on that post from July has been moved 6 months back, at the least. It would take nothing short of a miracle for them to even make a 10k dent in their 90k reservations...and then you've got the Silverado RST First edition in the "Fall of '23" with 150k Silverado EV reservations on the heels of that truck and "Spring '24" for the First Edition of the Denali. My whole thing has been, given how ROUGH it's been to just build 1000 customer trucks in a year, building a quarter million in less than 3 years seems insane/impossible.

· Registered
306 Posts
That makes more sense. I think a conservative bet would be everything on that post from July has been moved 6 months back, at the least. It would take nothing short of a miracle for them to even make a 10k dent in their 90k reservations...and then you've got the Silverado RST First edition in the "Fall of '23" with 150k Silverado EV reservations on the heels of that truck and "Spring '24" for the First Edition of the Denali. My whole thing has been, given how ROUGH it's been to just build 1000 customer trucks in a year, building a quarter million in less than 3 years seems insane/impossible.
The announcement for the Sierra launch still says SUV in "early" 2023, FWIW (Sneak Peak: GMC Sierra EV Denali | GMC Life):
GMC has given the first look at its upcoming all-electric Sierra Denali pickup truck (arriving early 2024), previewing the truck’s electrifying grille and exterior lighting sequence.
The electric Sierra, which will launch in the popular Denali trim, will be the third all-electric vehicle in GMC’s portfolio after the GMC Hummer EV Pickup and GMC Hummer SUV (initial availability early 2023).
“Sierra Denali holds tremendous equity for GMC and our customers,” said Duncan Aldred, GMC Vice President. “We now will have an opportunity to evolve Sierra’s capabilities and technologies, as afforded by transitioning to an all-electric propulsion, while also elevating the luxurious design and comfort Denali is associated with.”
Like the GMC Hummer EV, the electric Sierra EV will be purposefully built on the Ultium Platform with the premium materials and authentic capability customers have come to expect from GMC trucks.
Are you ready to harness next-gen EV power? Stay tuned for the reveal of the GMC Sierra EV Denali on October 20, 2022, at 5 p.m.

· Registered
370 Posts
The announcement for the Sierra launch still says SUV in "early" 2023, FWIW (Sneak Peak: GMC Sierra EV Denali | GMC Life):
GMC has given the first look at its upcoming all-electric Sierra Denali pickup truck (arriving early 2024), previewing the truck’s electrifying grille and exterior lighting sequence.
The electric Sierra, which will launch in the popular Denali trim, will be the third all-electric vehicle in GMC’s portfolio after the GMC Hummer EV Pickup and GMC Hummer SUV (initial availability early 2023).
“Sierra Denali holds tremendous equity for GMC and our customers,” said Duncan Aldred, GMC Vice President. “We now will have an opportunity to evolve Sierra’s capabilities and technologies, as afforded by transitioning to an all-electric propulsion, while also elevating the luxurious design and comfort Denali is associated with.”
Like the GMC Hummer EV, the electric Sierra EV will be purposefully built on the Ultium Platform with the premium materials and authentic capability customers have come to expect from GMC trucks.
Are you ready to harness next-gen EV power? Stay tuned for the reveal of the GMC Sierra EV Denali on October 20, 2022, at 5 p.m.
I should add, excluding Ed1s, which seem to take priority no matter what else is going on production wise. For instance, if they're still just getting around to 3X SUT and SUVs in Fall '23, Silverado RST Ed1s will get moved to the front of the line. Same for the Sierra Denali EV. If they're still behind on everything but the Hummer SUT/SUV and Silverado RST Ed1s, they'll move the Denali to the front of the line.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well that issue Hoovie pointed out was already fixed. Small design flaw with the Seal. New parts are already made for easy swap out for early production model Hummers. Newly produced Hummers don't have that issue.
GM is sure having a problem with "seals"

I mean, after seeing other Youtubers videos where the truck dies in the highway was the point I gave up. It was funny with Hoovie and those leaks sometimes happen on t-tops, but battery seals, problems charging etc, are just issues I don't want to roll the dice on for (hopefully) $127k

· Super Moderator
1,696 Posts
GM is sure having a problem with "seals"

I mean, after seeing other Youtubers videos where the truck dies in the highway was the point I gave up. It was funny with Hoovie and those leaks sometimes happen on t-tops, but battery seals, problems charging etc, are just issues I don't want to roll the dice on for (hopefully) $127k
That video with the Truck dying in the turn lane on the Highway had nothing to do with the seals, it was a firmware issue, and self-induced by not listening to the trucks instructions. It was resolved by a quick stop at the dealership.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,225 Posts
Initial availability of the Hummer ED1 SUT was Fall 2021, and they literally sold a single unit to say they were on schedule.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts