GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was a little bit late learning about the new Hummer and completely missed the the 1st Announcement, but I think that I saw a news article about it after the Edition 1's sold out.... I got my EV3X in on 10/23/20...and I have been patiently waiting ever since and reading pretty much every post here as I wait... I am OK now to just live vicariously through those of you who have yours...
I hear that, I have a spring …. I mean summer 2022 reservation, still waiting for my built email.
So I’m living vicariously through all the guys that got theirs already!!!!
Any day!!!!!!!!
I still have not seen one in person!
A good friend of mine saw one yesterday, he said it looks like a Honda Ridgeline… I told him he’s nutz! Get the [email protected]&% Out of here!
Ridgeline…Are you kidding!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I hear that, I have a spring …. I mean summer 2022 reservation, still waiting for my built email.
Any day!!!!!!!!
A good friend of mine saw one yesterday, he said it looks like a Honda Ridgeline… I told him he’s nutz! Get the [email protected]&% Out of here!
Yeah I haven't seen one yet either... I just saw my 3rd Rivian in the area where I live te other day.. My dealership told me that they weren't expecting their 1st one until Fall and it was the Owners... But he said they ordered it through the regular channels like each of us... I asked the guy at the dealership to let me know when they got one in so I could at least get a chance to see it...

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
816 Posts
Any day!!!!!!!!
I just saw three today, one driving and two parked. They are becoming more common in the Phoenix area. No resemblance to the Ridgeline, the Rivian is much closer to a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just saw three today, one driving and two parked. They are becoming more common in the Phoenix area. No resemblance to the Ridgeline, the Rivian is much closer to a Ridgeline.
Wow, quite a bit for one location. There are probably like only around 500 or so it seems out there in the entire world right now ;-)

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
816 Posts
Wow, quite a bit for one location. There are probably like only around 500 or so it seems out there in the entire world right now ;-)
One interesting thing is that when you look at pictures you think they are really enormous. But the times I have seen them driving, they do not look so big, maybe that is because we have a lot of Raptors and TRXs in our area.

I also saw one at my dealership parked next to a Sierra HD, and it made the Hummer actually look small. But when I got to sit in one, it seemed really wide.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There are 5 within a 15 mile radius of me (counting ours). Running joke is any time I take my into the local GMC dealer for service there is another one sitting waiting to be checked in too. "Out in the wild" we had another one in the grocery store parking lot with ours and passed a 3rd going the opposite way on a major road on our way home that shopping trip. Only one of them has an account on here but dont believe he's very active. Tempted to see if the dealership would sponsor something so we can all show up and line them up for some photos somewhere scenic.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Earlier in the year I was kind of hoping their timeline would hold and I'd have a 3X by Thanksgiving for a road trip with the family but it seems less and less likely unless they pull off a miracle with production and battery supply from the new factory. Given the desired flawless and hiccup free appearance they're going for with EV launches, I'm guessing the QA process for both the packs and vehicles they're making will continuing being quite rigorous and time consuming. Here’s hoping for a smooth and relatively trouble free series of coming months. The smoother it all goes the faster we’ll all get our trucks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Seems Q3 delivery numbers may actually go down from the already low Q2 number due to the factory closure and now delays? Seals leaking requiring redesign and pausing production, leaking in A pillar causing contractor corrosion, etc? I.e. they have new Ibeam bar that is redesigned now - doesn’t fill up with water, have pour outs foam in it to flood ya when stopping.

Line needs updated parts, have to retro fit the old lot full of dead Hummers etc?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Seems Q3 delivery numbers may actually go down from the already low Q2 number due to the factory closure and now delays? Seals leaking requiring redesign and pausing production, leaking in A pillar causing contractor corrosion, etc? I.e. they have new Ibeam bar that is redesigned now - doesn’t fill up with water, have pour outs foam in it to flood ya when stopping.

Line needs updated parts, have to retro fit the old lot full of dead Hummers etc?
I’m starting to lose my patience’s I caught myself looking at other cars online yesterday. Wish GM would actually give an update for the 70k+ now that are waiting and some still look at the website ETA’s thinking they can get a 3X this fall or a 2X in the spring. It’s like GM hasn’t even looked at their webpage since the reveal.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I’m starting to lose my patience’s I caught myself looking at other cars online yesterday. Wish GM would actually give an update for the 70k+ now that are waiting and some still look at the website ETA’s thinking they can get a 3X this fall or a 2X in the spring. It’s like GM hasn’t even looked at their webpage since the reveal.
Well at this point I'd say it could end up like them meeting their dates for the Edition 1. They consider Fall, Oct-Dec, and they delivered one in December 2021 so met those dates hehehe. So they could deliver one 3X in December 2022 and meet those dates too.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I did the same, I asked a local dealer who Got one in and they would not let me see it!
It was a sold customer car, and General Manager said “no one sees this truck until customer picks it up”
How annoying…so close, so far!
Different dealership experience for sure. I got to drive one around the dealership before mine arrived. I was a Edition 1 reservation holder. Also, the guy in charge of the dealership was in the truck with me and we didn’t leave the lot. I don’t mind if they did the same with mine. My truck had 8 miles on it when I took delivery so they didn’t do it too much, if at all.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I will say that if GM ACTUALLY wanted to curb the secondary market and knew production was going to accelerate, then filling the information vacuum with some updates on production would help. The uncertainty combined with the lack of new inventory is propping the market up. If you knew these things are going to be pouring off the line by December then the urgency to purchase one second hand for $80-100k over evaporates. And, honestly, if they were confident in their factories we’d be hearing about it. So the most likely scenarios are that they either have no idea or know the news is bad. Hopefully it’s the former.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts