GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just talked to my dealer who told me two weeks ago that the build week on his showroom Edition 1 truck was 8/28, now he is saying its the end of February. Add a couple months from then til it would land on his lot and I'd be looking at close to winter 2023 before I could take delivery of that if it has to sit for 6 months. I would hope my 3X would be ready before that! COME ON GM GIVE SOME CLARITY TO THIS (LACK OF) PRODUCTION! These are big ticket items and people who were originally told spring delivery still have no "built" emails or any idea when they'll see their Hummer. Earlier this year GM was stating 20,000+ Hummers this year now it seems as though they'll get maybe 2,000.

I'm not even annoyed by the fact that my dealer's showroom unit is now 6 months later because I had an order for a 3X and I was lucky that my dealers said they'd let me have the Edition 1 model because I was their first preorder, but I would hope that GM would be well in to the 3X models before this edition 1 would be available for me to take delivery, and at this point I'd take the 3X just because I JUST WANT A FRIGGIN HUMMER!

Maybe @Aloppen could pop in here and give us an actual realistic picture of how production is going to move along.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Seems Q3 delivery numbers may actually go down from the already low Q2 number due to the factory closure and now delays? Seals leaking requiring redesign and pausing production, leaking in A pillar causing contractor corrosion, etc? I.e. they have new Ibeam bar that is redesigned now - doesn’t fill up with water, have pour outs foam in it to flood ya when stopping.

Line needs updated parts, have to retro fit the old lot full of dead Hummers etc?
I’m starting to lose my patience’s I caught myself looking at other cars online yesterday. Wish GM would actually give an update for the 70k+ now that are waiting and some still look at the website ETA’s thinking they can get a 3X this fall or a 2X in the spring. It’s like GM hasn’t even looked at their webpage since the reveal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts