GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thank stinks, have heard of people with Spring deliveries that got built emails back a month earlier or two that are still waiting as well on FB.

I'm not sure how the hell they plan on getting 10,000+ of these things out ever if they can't even deliver a good 500+ in half a year... not even due to build constraints, but supply chain, logistics, etc. Logistics needs to be super smooth and never a constraint or everything before it is worthless.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think GM's system for tracking and communication with customers needs improvement.
Ha, improvement? It needs to be gutted, redesigned, and restarted. It's non-existent, and info that does come out ends up kinda being worthless or too early creating a bad experience even more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just talked to my dealer who told me two weeks ago that the build week on his showroom Edition 1 truck was 8/28, now he is saying its the end of February. Add a couple months from then til it would land on his lot and I'd be looking at close to winter 2023 before I could take delivery of that if it has to sit for 6 months. I would hope my 3X would be ready before that! COME ON GM GIVE SOME CLARITY TO THIS (LACK OF) PRODUCTION! These are big ticket items and people who were originally told spring delivery still have no "built" emails or any idea when they'll see their Hummer. Earlier this year GM was stating 20,000+ Hummers this year now it seems as though they'll get maybe 2,000.

I'm not even annoyed by the fact that my dealer's showroom unit is now 6 months later because I had an order for a 3X and I was lucky that my dealers said they'd let me have the Edition 1 model because I was their first preorder, but I would hope that GM would be well in to the 3X models before this edition 1 would be available for me to take delivery, and at this point I'd take the 3X just because I JUST WANT A FRIGGIN HUMMER!

Maybe @Aloppen could pop in here and give us an actual realistic picture of how production is going to move along.
They are way behind, and will remain behind - I know others think differently. They aren't going to ramp up to 1000s with all the issues going on, logistics, ramp up needed, etc. My take is that the entire timeline of release dates, etc. will on average push back 1 year give or take some. >1 year for really high output even.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Reserved the 3X first week of November 2020. The only communication I've received so far is an e-mail from the concierge on 3/8/22 assuring me that my reservation did go through (after I called them worried I haven't heard anything), and the e-mail contained the reservation number. I believe the estimated fulfillment date when I made the reservation was Spring 2022, can't really remember. So for the posts on this thread that say you were a Spring reservation holder with a June built e-mail, when was your reservations made? I've contacted my selected dealer who confirms I'm number 11 on the list. I should've asked him if they will be at or close to MSRP, didn't think about it during that call...
We are all waiting on Edition 1s still this year; all reservations were made in the first few minutes of 10/20/2020 at latest.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ah got ya. Good info. I figured most of the Edition Ones were shipped. I’ll look for my 3X email in Spring ‘23 at earliest in this case.
nah like half of us edition 1s are still waiting on a fully built email. Only firm statement I get is it should deliver by December (aka end of Fall per GM).

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just saw three today, one driving and two parked. They are becoming more common in the Phoenix area. No resemblance to the Ridgeline, the Rivian is much closer to a Ridgeline.
Wow, quite a bit for one location. There are probably like only around 500 or so it seems out there in the entire world right now ;-)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Seems Q3 delivery numbers may actually go down from the already low Q2 number due to the factory closure and now delays? Seals leaking requiring redesign and pausing production, leaking in A pillar causing contractor corrosion, etc? I.e. they have new Ibeam bar that is redesigned now - doesn’t fill up with water, have pour outs foam in it to flood ya when stopping.

Line needs updated parts, have to retro fit the old lot full of dead Hummers etc?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I’m starting to lose my patience’s I caught myself looking at other cars online yesterday. Wish GM would actually give an update for the 70k+ now that are waiting and some still look at the website ETA’s thinking they can get a 3X this fall or a 2X in the spring. It’s like GM hasn’t even looked at their webpage since the reveal.
Well at this point I'd say it could end up like them meeting their dates for the Edition 1. They consider Fall, Oct-Dec, and they delivered one in December 2021 so met those dates hehehe. So they could deliver one 3X in December 2022 and meet those dates too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts