GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yours is probably one of the hundreds sitting in Flint, possibly related to the recall. They're likely implementing the recall on the trucks still coming off the line (which could be sold immediately) but applying it to the trucks on the lot already built would take more time. Hence why trucks built after yours have already shipped. They can't sell the parked trucks until the recall is complete and given how vital it is the Hummer launches with as few problems as possible, they probably want to conduct the recall at the factory with people that are doing it hundreds of times instead of a service technician that has never done it before and may never do it again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Everything is speculation at this point. You dealer’s demo build moving to Feb could be due to production speed or maybe they just deprioritized demos for customer cars. I mean, demand isn’t a problem and a demo on every showroom floor isn’t going to make a difference for a vehicle you’re looking at well over a year to get if you’re just now preordering anyway. I was surprised when I heard they were even building dealer demos before demand was satisfied. Even dealers are in the dark and few know more than us. I wish we had concrete info instead of just reading tea leaves.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The bolt recall and fires also have them SUPER gun shy. It feels like they want enough of these out there to get feedback but not enough for recalls to be a “big deal”, I saw at least 3 news posts based on that TikTok video of a hummer in service for a dead 12v. It may just be me but every time we see a new “issue” shipments appear to grind to a halt. Again, that may just be coincidence or circumstance. I get that there’s some uncertainty on GM’s part on how fast they can produce and providing timelines to reservation holders but they should have a rough idea on the coming weeks/months. I think no news is worse than bad news for reservation holders. Managing expectations is everything.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, I’ve got a 3X reservation a few minutes after Edition 1’s sold out and have no idea when I’ll get mine. Original timeline was Fall 2022 but the only way they’ll hit that is almost flawless production ramp up to thousands a week in the next 2-3 months.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Earlier in the year I was kind of hoping their timeline would hold and I'd have a 3X by Thanksgiving for a road trip with the family but it seems less and less likely unless they pull off a miracle with production and battery supply from the new factory. Given the desired flawless and hiccup free appearance they're going for with EV launches, I'm guessing the QA process for both the packs and vehicles they're making will continuing being quite rigorous and time consuming. Here’s hoping for a smooth and relatively trouble free series of coming months. The smoother it all goes the faster we’ll all get our trucks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I will say that if GM ACTUALLY wanted to curb the secondary market and knew production was going to accelerate, then filling the information vacuum with some updates on production would help. The uncertainty combined with the lack of new inventory is propping the market up. If you knew these things are going to be pouring off the line by December then the urgency to purchase one second hand for $80-100k over evaporates. And, honestly, if they were confident in their factories we’d be hearing about it. So the most likely scenarios are that they either have no idea or know the news is bad. Hopefully it’s the former.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts