GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring reservation holder and got the built email June 15. Nothing since then. Concierge says they know nothing without an order number. Seems odd they would not have it.

Dealer says they get the same info I do. So no further update.

Anyone else in the same position?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Spring reservation holder and got the built email June 15. Nothing since then. Concierge says they know nothing without an order number. Seems odd they would not have it.

Dealer says they get the same info I do. So no further update.

Anyone else in the same position?
Dealers get info anytime the truck moves in their computer system, so if the dealer has no new info the truck is sitting for whatever reason, could be as simple as waiting to be trucked

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thank stinks, have heard of people with Spring deliveries that got built emails back a month earlier or two that are still waiting as well on FB.

I'm not sure how the hell they plan on getting 10,000+ of these things out ever if they can't even deliver a good 500+ in half a year... not even due to build constraints, but supply chain, logistics, etc. Logistics needs to be super smooth and never a constraint or everything before it is worthless.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,260 Posts
Posts like these make me wonder how in the heck I actually got mine. Got by built email June 15th and took delivery last Friday. Must be a little bit of luck in which dealerships get them shipped to them.
Luck, available driver for the region, number of vehicles heading in the same direction.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Thank stinks, have heard of people with Spring deliveries that got built emails back a month earlier or two that are still waiting as well on FB.

I'm not sure how the hell they plan on getting 10,000+ of these things out ever if they can't even deliver a good 500+ in half a year... not even due to build constraints, but supply chain, logistics, etc. Logistics needs to be super smooth and never a constraint or everything before it is worthless.
I think GM is intentionally just trickling them out as they work through bugs, I mean GM sold 1200 or so Edition 1's which were all they planned to deliver in the first year of production. It can be frustrating to wait without information, but at the same time, GM is not far off the scheduled pace.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yours is probably one of the hundreds sitting in Flint, possibly related to the recall. They're likely implementing the recall on the trucks still coming off the line (which could be sold immediately) but applying it to the trucks on the lot already built would take more time. Hence why trucks built after yours have already shipped. They can't sell the parked trucks until the recall is complete and given how vital it is the Hummer launches with as few problems as possible, they probably want to conduct the recall at the factory with people that are doing it hundreds of times instead of a service technician that has never done it before and may never do it again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The recall is interesting. I've grabbed a few VINs from the web and ran them through the GM recall checker. Seems like the trucks effected are all early builds. Mine isn't effected (so far it's not popping up as recalled). The delivery timing is so strange. I was a fall delivery, but received my truck 3 weeks ago, but my dealer had 5 deliveries back to back. . . likely something to do with drivers heading in the right direction at the right time as stated above. Also interestingly, I got both a "built" and a "shipped" email (which, I hear, is unusual).

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
They use only one company, I know a guy that works for them and says they have the exclusive contract. Guess they better hurry and hire more drivers…
HummerEV is the first vehicle I remember where the $1595 destination charge is somewhat legit, and delivery may cost GM even more than that depending on where you live.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm right there with you. I received the built email on 6/15 as well (concierge says the truck was actually built 6/3). My dealer confirmed with me months ago that I was the first one they were getting, he even showed me the time stamp and how I was about 2 minutes earlier then the next guy. The dealer then said they are showing a 7/12 estimated ship date. That day came and went and I was given a new date of 8/4 by the concierge which has now come and gone as well. In the mean time the dealer received their first Hummer 2-1/2 weeks ago for apparently the second guy while I'm sitting here with no time table.

I talked to the concierge today and they said that there is no new estimated ship date and I could check again next week. They are saying that since my Spring delivery has been moved to Summer they are still "on track" to ship it by the end of September while the truck is just going through final inspections (Just like what was said for the Spring delivery...you'll get it before the end of June). I asked if it doesn't ship by the end of September, does that mean it just gets moved to Fall and then they are still "on track" to ship by the end of December? She said let's just hope it ships before then.

It gets tiring having so little communication and then when you do get a nugget of information it still doesn't matter because they can't hold true to it. We've had plans to do a Summer trip with the kids before school starts and couldn't wait to take the tops off and just enjoy this truck. Now it's looking like Summer will be over before I get it and I'll be waiting 5-6 months for the snow to melt to see what it's like with the no roof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spring delivery with a built email received March 31, 2022 and nothing since. Dealer has no info and says they are kept in the dark. The frustrating part is they said they had one summer and one fall delivery come in for other buyers. They do not know who the car is for until they log in the VIN. Frustrated.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts