GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we are now 2 weeks from the unveil, and Mary Barra has been ratcheting up the rhetoric, I figure its time for us to discuss this again... What do you guys expect?

Knowns

Available 400+ mile range
4 wheel steering option
Glass roof option
24" wheel option

Speculation

2 configurations (cab- bed)
6' bed length minimum to qualify for section 179 business deduction
Longer nose then HummerEV (bigger Frunk) lengthening the nose is also good for aerodynamics
Is GM going to bring out a high priced SS model? I think so... Come on, what else would get 24" wheels?
Silverado EV will use the 1-2 motor system and make between 300 and 600 ish hp (upgradable OTA)
Available Tow ratings will be higher then HummerEV and F150 lightning
VTG and VTV technology

Prices

*I think GM might come with a regular or extended cab long bed fleet model with 2XX mile range starting under $40K
*I think the top end fully loaded model with 4XX mile range will be $79-$90K (right in the range with Denali Ultimate)
*If GM goes for broke with an "SS" model, using the 3 motor drivetrain, lower ride height, monster brakes, and set up to handle, that might be a special edition in Hummer Edition 1 price range. I think GM should do it, just for the attention and excitement it would generate for the programs maybe 500-1000 limited edition? @Aloppen are you listening?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,310 Posts
@Aloppen are you listening?
@Aloppen Might be more responsive if you poke him on Instagram. They haven't been here for 2 months. Though I don't think we will hear anything until after the 5th anyway LOL

As for what you mention here. I expect most of the same aside from the SS.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Aloppen Might be more responsive if you poke him on Instagram. They haven't been here for 2 months. Though I don't think we will hear anything until after the 5th anyway LOL

As for what you mention here. I expect most of the same aside from the SS.
Ya, I am reaching on the SS, but the teaser picture GM showed on the 24" wheels are an obviously lower riding performance vehicle. I think GM wants to let Hummer be the off roading option for EV's and the other models will be lower and geared more towards pickup duties, and on highway performance. They will not put 24" wheels on a work truck model, as larger wheels are more expensive and no good for work or off roading, they are good for looks and handling. When GM teased the 24" wheels I think that was intentional, and something good is coming to wear them.

What are you hiding @Aloppen ?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I will most likely try to get on the lists for both the SilveradoE and Sierra. I would hope to get my Hummer before and see if I need the extra room in the bed and what not. I like the stance and style of the bigger off road tires of the Hummer. Thus, I am hoping that they have something like the Trail Boss/ AT4X in the trucks... I like the AT4 with the blacked out trim style better than all the chrome on the Denali

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took a GM survey recently that included a question about it. It will have at least 10k pounds towing.

I also think it will stick to 2-motor, although there might be a chance they do a 3-motor. The Sierra Denali EV will definitely have a 3-motor option.
Ya, I agree.., but maybe more than 10K, I got an inside tip the towing will be a "number I need to see".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.