GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received this notice? It threw this code, I got an onstar notification with the same message, and it said service within 7 days. I also noticed regenerative braking was not happening (likely disabled). Within a day or driving it, I also received a service door latch system notification.

Has anyone else seen this? I took this into the dealership last Friday as I was concerned to charge it but wondering if it is something simple and preemptive (like related to the water corrosion issue with the high voltage connector) or something more catastrophic. Just curious if anyone else has seen these notifications pop up and how bad it was.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
We can't really comment if we don't have the codes it threw. Could be anything.

Could be anything from a bad 12V throwing errant messages, to low coolant levels, to a bad connection, or something causing more resistance...

They will have a GM Engineer look over it. I suspect some of these trucks will have interesting errors on the first few packs and because they have been sitting for a while.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can't really comment if we don't have the codes it threw. Could be anything.
Understood. These codes would be available through an OBD reader, correct? Said a different way, there is no way for me to check the codes remotely through the onstar app, call them, or figure it out without having the truck in front of me, right?

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,563 Posts
Understood. These codes would be available through an OBD reader, correct? Said a different way, there is no way for me to check the codes remotely through the onstar app, call them, or figure it out without having the truck in front of me, right?
The MyGMC App in the Vehicle status menu will sometimes show the most recent error codes, but otherwise you would need to pull them with an OBD Reader or call OnStar to get them(Calling OnStar now wouldn't get anything). We won't know now cause you don't have the truck. Now that they have the truck you may get arrant warning or error message texts or messages in your app as they do diagnostics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s menu will sometimes show the most recent error codes, but otherwise you would need to pull them with an OBD Reader or call OnStar to get them(Calling OnStar now wouldn't get anything). We won't know now cause you don't have the truck. Now that they have the truck you may get arrant warning or error message texts or messages in your app as they do diagnostics.
Got it. Thanks for the reply. The interesting part is when I was taking it to the dealership for the service appointment, I noticed regenerative braking was active and working again. I'll just wait to see what they come back with. Any opinion on a good OBD reader to purchase?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts