GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its also about to come crashing down becasue of this economy were headed towards. All this above MSRP and ADM stuff is gonna stop and we'll be back to rebates and incentives before long. No matter what, GM and all automakers gotta build vehicles.
I welcome any macroeconomic environment that allows me to obtain my Hummer ED1 on time, at or below MSRP.

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
758 Posts
Its also about to come crashing down becasue of this economy were headed towards. All this above MSRP and ADM stuff is gonna stop and we'll be back to rebates and incentives before long. No matter what, GM and all automakers gotta build vehicles.
I think this might partially be GM's motivation here. There will be more people looking to resell them if the economy tanks. GM doesn't want that, it could cause the value on the secondary market to completely fall out and making buying a new one more expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is going to likely destroy the markets for these cars. They are so ‘hot’ right now because everyone is an opportunist when profit is involved. I study these collectibility trends a lot and as weird as it sounds, a hot resale market keeps the product top of mind and people buying as it eliminates the fear of losing money. It’s also a motivation to want it because it’s so hard to get - taking out all the flippers and I would bet you cut current deposits by at least 70%. It’s a pretty awesome idea for those of us who actually love our cars, but they should have definitely added language eliminating ADMs to really fix this.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is going to likely destroy the markets for these cars. They are so ‘hot’ right now because everyone is an opportunist when profit is involved. I study these collectibility trends a lot and as weird as it sounds, a hot resale market keeps the product top of mind and people buying as it eliminates the fear of losing money. It’s also a motivation to want it because it’s so hard to get - taking out all the flippers and I would bet you cut current deposits by at least 70%. It’s a pretty awesome idea for those of us who actually love our cars, but they should have definitely added language eliminating ADMs to really fix this.

I thought of adding in a guaranteed buy back, this would eliminate it similar to what some other makers have done with their guaranteed trade in. I for one would be happy with this or some other kind of lease/ buying option where you subscribe to a Hummer EV program. You could pay a set amount and have a subscription service to allow use of the vehicle, free charging options, with a purchase option at the end. If you don't want the vehicle or decide to trade it in or sell it then you get back what you put down.

The facts are once you eliminate the cash resell incentive due to demand you will also eliminate all the opportunists who are just getting this vehicle to make a profit on. I understand it if you have never seen 100k or multiples there of then that would create a huge incentive for someone to try and make that off a Hummer EV. I don't think people who are buying this and financing a 1500 plus car note are going to be keeping this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought of adding in a guaranteed buy back, this would eliminate it similar to what some other makers have done with their guaranteed trade in. I for one would be happy with this or some other kind of lease/ buying option where you subscribe to a Hummer EV program. You could pay a set amount and have a subscription service to allow use of the vehicle, free charging options, with a purchase option at the end. If you don't want the vehicle or decide to trade it in or sell it then you get back what you put down.

The facts are once you eliminate the cash resell incentive due to demand you will also eliminate all the opportunists who are just getting this vehicle to make a profit on. I understand it if you have never seen 100k or multiples there of then that would create a huge incentive for someone to try and make that off a Hummer EV. I don't think people who are buying this and financing a 1500 plus car note are going to be keeping this.
Right - part of what GM has likely done is realize that these flippers are effectively taking money out of their pocket by selling to their ‘future’ customers at a premium and ruining the experience. They’re weighing out the delta between way more reservations vs actual profit from sales.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Right - part of what GM has likely done is realize that these flippers are effectively taking money out of their pocket by selling to their ‘future’ customers at a premium and ruining the experience. They’re weighing out the delta between way more reservations vs actual profit from sales.
If GM gave me the option of skipping all the shenanigans and having the vehicle delivered to my driveway, take 5 minutes to sign the documents like Rivian did, I would have. The dealership model is antiquated and a waste of time. It needs to die.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wowza, talk about damaging the brand. I am going to stay classy but the Rivian is in NO WAY better than the Hummer and I have seen both of them. I guess if you like small to medium sized trucks with cheap seats and some weird pass through thing in the middle of it. No wonder GM wants to ban people from ordering their vehicles and flipping them in order to purchase some other makers vehicle out right.

Only makes sense to me, hope GM makes true on all of it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If GM gave me the option of skipping all the shenanigans and having the vehicle delivered to my driveway, take 5 minutes to sign the documents like Rivian did, I would have. The dealership model is antiquated and a waste of time. It needs to die.
Sadly I agree, purchasing / servicing a Tesla completely ruined me when it comes to dealerships. Cadillac would crush if they’d make cars that actually look like their concepts and get rid of dealers all together, that brand is so ripe to be a US market leader for GM.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree with you guys! And your right they should not allow the dealer to charge an ADM either!
That should be a rule!
There is so much talk on the corvette forum about flipping the Z06 that when GM announced the pricing it was like $15,000 more then all the speculation, following pricing from previous gens between the regular corvette and Z06
GM probably decided, 40,000 cars x extra $15,000, well? $600,000,000…🤔
Better in our pocket!!!!
As you stated
“GM has likely realized that these flippers are effectively taking money out of their pocket by selling to their ‘future’ customers at a premium and ruining the experience. “
jmho🙃

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I agree with you guys! And your right they should not allow the dealer to charge an ADM either!
That should be a rule!
There is so much talk on the corvette forum about flipping the Z06 that when GM announced the pricing it was like $15,000 more then all the speculation, following pricing from previous gens between the regular corvette and Z06
GM probably decided, 40,000 cars x extra $15,000, well? $600,000,000…🤔
Better in our pocket!!!!
As you stated
“GM has likely realized that these flippers are effectively taking money out of their pocket by selling to their ‘future’ customers at a premium and ruining the experience. “
jmho🙃
GM is not going to build 40K Z06, more like 3500 a year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
True and the new Corvette is sweet, I just don't think it would fit me and my lifestyle unless they made a 4x4 lifted option.

GM basically told their dealerships that if they did not make the necessary changes to allow EVs then they would no longer be dealers. Lots of people know how to work the system better than myself and I get it that some dealers in the past have price gouged and taken advantage of customers. The dealers I know are good people and provided and support for their local economies. I hope that doesn't end for the sake of those who hold their lively hoods from it.

GM wanting to protect their brand from unscrupulous customers using their in demand models to make a profit is understandable. They have a right to for the future resell value and perceived perception of their brand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Interesting note...
I saw where a letter supposedly from gm ask for signature for the orders on the 23 models that agrees to the warranty voided and restrictions. This looks like has to be signed before the "order" is placed. I wonder in effect does this make the 22 models not subject to the warranty and restriction issue?????

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,090 Posts
Interesting note...
I saw where a letter supposedly from gm ask for signature for the orders on the 23 models that agrees to the warranty voided and restrictions. This looks like has to be signed before the "order" is placed. I wonder in effect does this make the 22 models not subject to the warranty and restriction issue?????
Basically it does because 22 Model Years are already mostly spoken for.

(From the Lyriq Facebook group)
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

·
Registered
280 Posts
When are Hummer's going to move over to the 2023 year we think? I still get told my delivery is fall, estimated at Oct-Dec... thus will it still be a 2022 that late in the year?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
1,090 Posts
When are Hummer's going to move over to the 2023 year we think? I still get told my delivery is fall, estimated at Oct-Dec... thus will it still be a 2022 that late in the year?
I believe they are making 2023 Model year Hummers now. Since the Plant reopened.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Who knows they have stockpiled a lot of hummers from what I've seen. Can't go by vin numbers either. My vin is under 250 and just received it last week while others that were in the 600s received a month ago. Yours maybe a 22 with late delivery or maybe a 23. Flip a quarter ..lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if the Hummers that just sold at auction or any recent 2nd hand sales have had their warranties pulled retroactively. There are about 100 Hummer EVs for sale on Autotrader and none of them are posting about loss of factory warranty, but this just happened so that may change.

Has anyone recently picked up their Hummer and seen it in the purchase agreement? If so can we get a screenshot?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if the Hummers that just sold at auction or any recent 2nd hand sales have had their warranties pulled retroactively. There are about 100 Hummer EVs for sale on Autotrader and none of them are posting about loss of factory warranty, but this just happened so that may change.

Has anyone recently picked up their Hummer and seen it in the purchase agreement? If so can we get a screenshot?
I’m fairly certain it only applies to sales since the announcement of the policy where the purchaser acknowledges it in paperwork when purchasing. It’s stated that dealerships have to get you to sign as part of confirming your order. So they won’t even ship your dealer a vehicle unless you sign.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I’m fairly certain it only applies to sales since the announcement of the policy where the purchaser acknowledges it in paperwork when purchasing. It’s stated that dealerships have to get you to sign as part of confirming your order. So they won’t even ship your dealer a vehicle unless you sign.
It would be great if that paperwork included an agreement on sales pricing to avoid people getting surprised when they go to pick their vehicle up.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts