GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
That’s a good summary of what is publicly available right now. I just hope we find out a little more pretty soon what is planned at launch and possibly what will be available soon afterwards. They have been pretty quiet for example about the “towing assist” software - the predictive range stuff in the Ford Lightning looks pretty useful for example. I know GM has some good patents on this type of stuff so hopefully they will be able to introduce it here. Also, I am still curious what the “Big Foot button” on the screen does! I am hoping it’s something similar to Tesla’s sentry mode which utilizes the cameras to automatically take videos when needed. Would be good to take pictures/videos of bears or cryptids walking by! 😊

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s a good summary of what is publicly available right now. I just hope we find out a little more pretty soon what is planned at launch and possibly what will be available soon afterwards. They have been pretty quiet for example about the “towing assist” software - the predictive range stuff in the Ford Lightning looks pretty useful for example. I know GM has some good patents on this type of stuff so hopefully they will be able to introduce it here. Also, I am still curious what the “Big Foot button” on the screen does! I am hoping it’s something similar to Tesla’s sentry mode which utilizes the cameras to automatically take videos when needed. Would be good to take pictures/videos of bears or cryptids walking by! 😊
Big foot button on the infotainment is for the light bar, to light up the stuck Bronco (Sasquatch) in front of you. Haha! Actually I have no idea...

Yes, GM keeps telling us investors the Hummer is the first vehicle they plan to build a relationship with the customer after the sale, and continue to generate revenue with products and services after the sale. I am not exactly sure what that means yet, but its good... As a Tesla owner, I can tell you the over the air software is cool... When you wake up and there has been a software update, you never know, if you got a new useful feature, better range, more power, or better Autopilot until you jump in an read the details and take it for a spin. Want half a second better acceleration to 60, pay $$ and its download it to your car. Full Self Driving (a scam) again just pay and download it. Tesla definitely changed what is expected in car ownership.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video. The software upgrades are cool. I am more interested to see if GM (or another company) will offer upgraded batteries as technology improves. I know they are modular and accessible.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing the video. The software upgrades are cool. I am more interested to see if GM (or another company) will offer upgraded batteries as technology improves. I know they are modular and accessible.
Same, GM has told investors that the next Gen Battery tech will be bolt in compatible , and even went so far as to say if you have a module go bad in the future, you can install a newer module with upgraded tech and the battery management can cope with that.

Now, they did not say the next gen battery tech will be cheap, and I would guess just the opposite, the Hummer EV battery is likely $30K or so, to replace if GM hits their pricing targets for Ultium.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That price point doesn’t surprise me. As a percentage of total vehicle cost, it is better than what an entire drive train upgrade would be on an ICE configuration. For example, companies ask 25-30K to put a Hemi in a Jeep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts