GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the secrete to the Mirror Protection Lights with Hummer EV Logo? I have the Illumination Package on my recently picked up Hummer but these do not seem to come on. Maybe I'm just missing something simple like, only works in the dark, with lights on or something. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am not certain as I am still waiting... But I would imagine that it's probably not visible except at night.. I am not sure if @Dark-Fx has that on his, but he would know if he did as he has over 4000 miles on his now... I am curious if the LED pod lights are easily removed from the hood if you have those... Apparently they were part of that package, but someone else has said that you can get the Hummer logo puddle lights separately from the "package" and I don't think that I would need the LED pods (rarely if ever). But if they were able to be hooked up quickly with simple hand tools and quick connections for the electrical, then I would probably opt for them.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am not certain as I am still waiting... But I would imagine that it's probably not visible except at night.. I am not sure if @Dark-Fx has that on his, but he would know if he did as he has over 4000 miles on his now... I am curious if the LED pod lights are easily removed from the hood if you have those... Apparently they were part of that package, but someone else has said that you can get the Hummer logo puddle lights separately from the "package" and I don't think that I would need the LED pods (rarely if ever). But if they were able to be hooked up quickly with simple hand tools and quick connections for the electrical, then I would probably opt for them.
I didn't get the pod lights. Didn't care for how it looked, didn't figure I would need them. If I am doing off-roading, it's going to be in the daytime.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
436 Posts
I can tell you how they work on my Mach E, but of course it is not a GM. Car must be locked with mirrors folded, and it must be nighttime. As I approach the car with my fob or phone it recognizes me and turns them on. As soon as I unlock the car, the mirrors unfold and the pony lights turn off.

Does the Hummer even fold the mirrors when it is locked?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
636 Posts
I don't think the Hummer has power folding mirrors...? I've never seen them folded when the vehicle was off or unfold when turned on.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I don't think the Hummer has power folding mirrors...? I've never seen them folded when the vehicle was off or unfold when turned on.
yep, the mirrors can fold by pressing the button Tom showed in the manual. You can also set them to auto fold when you lock the car.
The hummer also has a setting you can turn on where it auto locks the truck and folds the mirrors automatically when you walk away with the key fob.

·
Registered
494 Posts
yep, the mirrors can fold by pressing the button Tom showed in the manual. You can also set them to auto fold when you lock the car.
The hummer also has a setting you can turn on where it auto locks the truck and folds the mirrors automatically when you walk away with the key fob.
This is how I have mine set up. It's a little frustrating with other people in the car who take forever to start leaving the vehicle, since it will lock them in.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
436 Posts
This is how I have mine set up. It's a little frustrating with other people in the car who take forever to start leaving the vehicle, since it will lock them in.
I have that walkaway lock feature on the Mach E and turned it off. It is really annoying having the car in my garage, needing to get something out and having it locked. People also report is has reliability issues and sometimes does not work. Too much automation, with almost no real benefit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have that walkaway lock feature on the Mach E and turned it off. It is really annoying having the car in my garage, needing to get something out and having it locked. People also report is has reliability issues and sometimes does not work. Too much automation, with almost no real benefit.
Yeah, Tesla has the walk away lock, even walk away roll up windows, but you can say "exclude home" which is a nice software option. Hope GMC leverages the GPS for stuff like this and suspension, etc. more. I know the Hummer has the homelink buttons on visor right, but wished those were kinda auto GPS software based also.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Yeah, Tesla has the walk away lock, even walk away roll up windows, but you can say "exclude home" which is a nice software option. Hope GMC leverages the GPS for stuff like this and suspension, etc. more. I know the Hummer has the homelink buttons on visor right, but wished those were kinda auto GPS software based also.
This feature works well in the Tesla, although phone as a key is hit and miss when approaching sometimes it takes it a few seconds to connect. In the rain, and with a bag of groceries in my hand it's irritating .

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
yea, my BMW had this, but it was for both lock and unlock, so if I walked back to the car, it would unlock, can’t believe GM doesn’t have that.

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
636 Posts
yea, my BMW had this, but it was for both lock and unlock, so if I walked back to the car, it would unlock, can’t believe GM doesn’t have that.
If the the fob is in your pocket just pushing the button on the door will un-lock the door, double tapping will unlock all doors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts