GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a brand new Hummer EV Edition 1 that I can't keep. My wife has threatened divorce if I park it in front of the house and, after running the math, divorce seems cost prohibitive. That leaves me in the unenviable position of owning arguably the coolest truck in existence without being able to enjoy it.

Of course I could just go list this on BaT like others have done, but that would be boring. I'd rather make an interesting trade with someone (maybe you!).

As for the truck, it's brand new, has the black wheels (not bronze), and all the options: power tonneau, tailgate speaker, illumination package, etc. It also has a ceramic clear coat as well as LoJack ($5K for the both of them). Truck is in the midwest.

As for what sort of trades I'm interested in…I'm open minded! I'd consider a trade plus cash in either direction. Maybe a classic Ferrari or V12 Jag coupe? How about a hard to find watch? A cabin in the woods or on a lake? A rental property? George Washington's sword? A WWII tank? A combination of the above?

I'm open to anything so long as it has real value to strangers.

So if you've got a trade in mind, send it over! Please include a brief description of the item(s) including pictures, what you think it's worth today, plus whatever trade you have in mind (i.e. truck plus $_ cash to me, or truck plus $_ cash to you).

Also: PLEASE don't waste my time. Make sure you're offering a fair trade the first time, that takes into account what the EV1 is worth today. I'm not the type to go back and forth with you and will ignore lowballs. If you're telling me that your item is worth 100K, and 3 minutes of googling shows me it's not, I will not respond.

Best to get in touch via email; it's my username at gmail (hummerevtrade_at_gmail). But I'll check the DMs here when I can.

Let's make life more interesting for both of us. Let's make a memorable trade!

Happy Fourth!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my wife isn’t logical 🤣 it was just a matter of saying you couldn’t have a hummer but you could have an equally expensive car that seemed a bit off to me
Her "logic" is that the Hummer EV is gaudy and garish, while a classic car requires a certain level of taste and class. Said another way, for her, it's less about cost and more about intentionally showing off.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Her "logic" is that the Hummer EV is gaudy and garish, while a classic car requires a certain level of taste and class. Said another way, for her, it's less about cost and more about intentionally showing off.
this is such an odd post. It’s all very subjective really. that and you couldn’t possibly think that you would find someone on a hummer EV “fan”forum that has such a different car they would part with.

you should just sell/flip it like many due while it commands a good premium for a clean transaction. Would have been done by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is such an odd post. It’s all very subjective really. that and you couldn’t possibly think that you would find someone on a hummer EV “fan”forum that has such a different car they would part with.

you should just sell/flip it like many due while it commands a good premium for a clean transaction. Would have been done by now.
Thank you for your contribution!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reminds me of the posts with people talking about needing to get rid of the car because they realized it only had two rows of seats, or it couldn’t fit in their garage or they needed it for medical bills.

Wish people would just be honest about it and say they’re selling the car because they need money more than they need the car and want to flip the Edition 1s while they’re still commanding a premium.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting scenario...I'm anxious to see what kind of trade offers you get. I'm not willing to sell or trade the coolest truck in the world, but if someone wanted to swap for a Urus I'd have to think long and hard about it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts