GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

I want to purchase an EV1 reservation

8K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  Matt Ramsey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
I’m looking to purchase a reservation for the EV1 Hummer pick up, if anyone has one and interested in selling early please let me know?
Tks

#8 ·
Well, reservations are non-transferable and GM is going to be sticklers about it. Dealerships have to pass Edition 1 trucks down the line of their reservations before they’re allowed to sell to anyone else. So if you want to pay a premium for one, you’ll have to find someone willing to take delivery of the truck then sell it to you. I suspect there will be many of them changing hands like this as the first ones get delivered.

As for the premium, we don’t know how many trucks they are going to make and how many of those will be Edition 1. The EV3X can be configured identically to Edition 1, save for the limited Edition 1 badging and exclusive lunar white paint color. So you can place your reservation now and know that you will eventually get the same truck. As Tom mentions, we’ve seen people offering upwards of $20K+ to buy an Edition 1.

I don’t really have a horse in this race, I’m an EV3X who is waitlisted for Edition 1. I’m second in line at my dealership of the EV3X orders so, in theory, if two people ahead of me pass on theirs I could get an Edition 1. Dealership is still waiting on all the finail info as to how this will work, they’re just basing it off of what they know so far.

#9 ·
Well, reservations are non-transferable and GM is going to be sticklers about it. Dealerships have to pass Edition 1 trucks down the line of their reservations before they’re allowed to sell to anyone else. So if you want to pay a premium for one, you’ll have to find someone willing to take delivery of the truck then sell it to you. I suspect there will be many of them changing hands like this as the first ones get delivered.

As for the premium, we don’t know how many trucks they are going to make and how many of those will be Edition 1. The EV3X can be configured identically to Edition 1, save for the limited Edition 1 badging and exclusive lunar white paint color. So you can place your reservation now and know that you will eventually get the same truck. As Tom mentions, we’ve seen people offering upwards of $20K+ to buy an Edition 1.

I don’t really have a horse in this race, I’m an EV3X who is waitlisted for Edition 1. I’m second in line at my dealership of the EV3X orders so, in theory, if two people ahead of me pass on theirs I could get an Edition 1. Dealership is still waiting on all the finail info as to how this will work, they’re just basing it off of what they know so far.
That is interesting that you got that much info from your dealership... I too am an EV3X and wait listed... But I went by my dealership about a month ago and they really didn't have much to say or any real information... They were busy that day and I was asking about a truck that wasn't even in production yet.... But that was the type of information I would like to know... How many 1st Edition trucks were they allotted and how many people are on the wait list... Just wondering, I am OK to wait, but I do like the lunar white, most likely I will select the standard white (assuming that I can't get lunar white)

#11 ·
I'm going to say I could be wrong, but have been sitting on this for awhile as I find it odd. The Interstellar white paint code is GAZ, which is the most common white paint we have. It's called Summit white on every other model Buick, GMC or Chevy has. So while I thought this was going to be a unique color on the truck it just seems to have a unique name and same paint.

Look at bottom left of image for the Sierra truck and the far right for the Hummer.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

#19 ·
Hmmm, thanks for post. I'm looking up my day one reservation for Edition 1 that made within the first few minutes of it opening up here. Was October 2020 - hard to believe a year ago.
I'm think we are going to likely either 1) cancel the order, 2) take the truck versus a Rivian order we had, or 3) take the truck fully and resell it at a premium as well. It's like $113,000 + 8.25% sales tax here in Texas + fees so likely $123,000 out the door. Will have to consider some mark-up premium over that for all the work and the rarity of it for a while...

#20 ·
Hmmm, thanks for post. I'm looking up my day one reservation for Edition 1 that made within the first few minutes of it opening up here. Was October 2020 - hard to believe a year ago.
I'm think we are going to likely either 1) cancel the order, 2) take the truck versus a Rivian order we had, or 3) take the truck fully and resell it at a premium as well. It's like $113,000 + 8.25% sales tax here in Texas + fees so likely $123,000 out the door. Will have to consider some mark-up premium over that for all the work and the rarity of it for a while...
Hi, my email scotthouseusa@gmail.com if interested in discussing selling to me, Tks!

#26 ·
Ive already budgeted ~150k with my wife. So thats about my limit after that it may just be worth having patience and waiting....especially since we wont even see the silvErado reveal until 1.5.22. I highly doubt it will get my attention as much as the Hummer but with similar features, who knows?

#31 ·
I will be receiving an EV1 in the first build cycle of about 50 units. I’m told it should be delivered in the first quarter of 22, likely January/February. I am not interested in selling my reservation. I have already chosen my options and placed the final order with my dealer. I intend to sell the vehicle with no additional post delivery mileage. $350k or higher offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.