GMC HUMMER EV Forum | HummerChat.com banner

I want to purchase an EV1 reservation

8K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  Matt Ramsey 
Well, reservations are non-transferable and GM is going to be sticklers about it. Dealerships have to pass Edition 1 trucks down the line of their reservations before they’re allowed to sell to anyone else. So if you want to pay a premium for one, you’ll have to find someone willing to take delivery of the truck then sell it to you. I suspect there will be many of them changing hands like this as the first ones get delivered.

As for the premium, we don’t know how many trucks they are going to make and how many of those will be Edition 1. The EV3X can be configured identically to Edition 1, save for the limited Edition 1 badging and exclusive lunar white paint color. So you can place your reservation now and know that you will eventually get the same truck. As Tom mentions, we’ve seen people offering upwards of $20K+ to buy an Edition 1.

I don’t really have a horse in this race, I’m an EV3X who is waitlisted for Edition 1. I’m second in line at my dealership of the EV3X orders so, in theory, if two people ahead of me pass on theirs I could get an Edition 1. Dealership is still waiting on all the finail info as to how this will work, they’re just basing it off of what they know so far.

That is interesting that you got that much info from your dealership... I too am an EV3X and wait listed... But I went by my dealership about a month ago and they really didn't have much to say or any real information... They were busy that day and I was asking about a truck that wasn't even in production yet.... But that was the type of information I would like to know... How many 1st Edition trucks were they allotted and how many people are on the wait list... Just wondering, I am OK to wait, but I do like the lunar white, most likely I will select the standard white (assuming that I can't get lunar white)
Well, I’m a commercial customer with some fleet purchases already with them so they’re pretty willing to talk to me. I don’t know how many total reservations they have or even how many are Edition 1’s. But they have told me that of the current reservations they have, I’m second in line of the EV3X. Dealerships hold the reservations and allocations, you have to contact your dealership if you wanted to cancel or modify. Beyond that, there’s a lot of speculation at this time as to how GM is going to prioritize orders and deliveries. I may be 2nd in line at the dealership with an EV3X reservation, but it’s not an order until it is submitted as such. And based on reservation time stamps and other logistical considerations, there could be 10,000 EV3X customers ahead of me, in terms of how GM looks at it. We don’t know.

They (dealership) are hoping the final info comes out next week when all the media people get to start talking and are expecting order banks to be open real soon, possibly next week but almost certainly by the end of the month. Ford Lightning order banks open up on the 26th and while that has no bearing on the Hummer EV, I’m betting GM will want to start taking orders for their first EV truck before Ford does. Technically Ford has already taken orders from fleet customers for the Lightning Pro, but they’re more like glorified reservations at this point. Can’t finalize configs and submit true orders until the 26th.

I'm going to say I could be wrong, but have been sitting on this for awhile as I find it odd. The Interstellar white paint code is GAZ, which is the most common white paint we have. It's called Summit white on every other model Buick, GMC or Chevy has. So while I thought this was going to be a unique color on the truck it just seems to have a unique name and same paint.
Hmm…. Interesting. Not that I didn’t know it was a common paint, but it seems they may have changed it since the SUV media event where they showed the colors. At that event, the Edition 1 color code was GMC WA9225 which is the same as Ghost White they have been using for a long time and has been a staple the last couple years on the Vette. Now if it’s GAZ/ Summit White, that’s GMC WA8264. Honestly, I don’t think a mere mortal could tell either of these two whites apart from side by side color samples. They’re white, perhaps a slight hint of silver or grey due to the metallic flake, they’re bright, they’re shiny… They’re great for a metallic white offering, but it’s too bad the Edition 1 color isn’t something a bit more unique. That satin/matte green on the Edition 1 SUV is amazing but I can also see where many would not want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.